Bupa Pediatrician recommendation

(7 Posts)
jsp56 Thu 05-May-16 07:58:16


I wondered if anyone could recommend a good Pediatrician in the local area? Ds has trouble with food intolerances, and a lot of viral infections and has had his adenoids out twice already, and glue ear twice already (age 6). The school want us to improve his attendance, and I wondered if there might be a good Pediatrician around here who has expertise in this sort of area?


Perilla Tue 10-May-16 19:58:49

Can't help specifically on ENT stuff but most of the private paeds in Cambridge will be practising out of Addenbrookes as well and generally they are pretty good. Your starting point for any referral even private will probably be your GP - take a look at the website for Spire who run the private hospitals in Cambridge - they list doctors by speciality - if there is a particular one you think would be good ask your GP if they can refer you to them sepcifically.

FurlaBag Thu 19-May-16 17:31:23

I took my DS to see this pediatrician for constipation and she was totally brilliant. Down to earth, friendly, professional and above all, she turned the situation around within a few weeks.
She's also very reasonably priced (I think I paid £120 for the first appointment and £100 for follow-up) and sees patients quickly, at the Nuffield and without GP referrals.

cammel Fri 20-May-16 17:22:49

Specifically ENT - I took DD to Roger Gray to look at her glue ear. He was great with her. I'm not sure how much he would cost as we did it on insurance. He is an ENT surgeon, so presumably isn't the right person for the food intolerance etc.

mynameisnt Fri 20-May-16 21:33:39

Roger retired last year. I can't remember the name of his successor but I know that a private consultation with Roger was not cheap!

jsp56 Fri 20-May-16 22:00:21

Thanks for all of these hints. :-) I have an appointment with a general pediatrician which I think I'll keep as it is a check for tiredness which might be caused by asthma or various other things, but I'll keep the gastro lady in mind. She sounds very helpful. Ta!

Perilla Mon 23-May-16 17:39:00

A general paed is a good starting point, they can then refer you on/call in other more specialist paeds as necessary. There is no shortage of excellent paeds in Cambridge in our experience both NHS and private so hopefully you will get some help soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now