How to sell child's bike in Cambridge

(6 Posts)
jsp56 Tue 19-Jan-16 04:07:14

Hi,

My ds has two bikes that he has outgrown. One is mint condition Raleigh performance, only about 4 months old, and the other is a big pedal pals tricycle that I added a parent handle to. It was absolutely fantastic for getting ds into town and back when he got too big for a pushchair aged 2 and he only outgrew it aged 5.

Although I've lived in Cambridge for 14 years, I'm really struggling to think of the best way to sell these on without making too big a loss. I wondered if anyone knew of a good forum for this kind of things, or if maybe the ccc is the place? Possibly I should just use ebay, but it seems as if there should be a more local option.

Thanks!

ChestertonCharley Tue 19-Jan-16 09:53:31

You could try Gumtree - at least it's free! Or maybe an ad in your local post office? Cambridge Resale on Mill Road has sold second-hand bikes in the past, but I don't know if they still do.

jsp56 Tue 19-Jan-16 10:12:59

If I put it on ebay is it the done think to put the link here? I'm thinking probably not, but just wondered.

DiskFix Wed 20-Jan-16 11:05:51

I'd keep ebay as a last resort... I always prefer Gumtree Cambridge. There are also lots of local Facebook groups, like "Things for sale/wanted in Cambridge" and "Items for sale in Cambridge" and a few more.

jsp56 Wed 20-Jan-16 11:11:07

Thanks, that's good to know. :-)

jsp56 Wed 20-Jan-16 11:24:06

I've posted the trike on ebay and gumtree now for good measure. :-) Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now