Moving to Cambridge - Need advice

(2 Posts)
sshi Tue 15-Dec-15 13:44:23

Hello all,
We're considering moving to Cambridge.We currently live in South West (a very laid back atmosphere). I have no idea as how easy/difficult it would be to settle there, which are the good areas. We have 2 children 10 & 4 so proximity to good primary and secondary will be our preference. What are the good areas near Trinity Science Park? Any suggestions are much appreciated.smile
Thanks

northofcambridge Fri 18-Dec-15 11:23:23

my experience is it very easy to settle -in that is a quite a mobile population and people are used to it. Its a good place to live. however you might want to look at house prices. If I was going to work in the science park and could afford it I would probably live in Chesterton - primary and secondary school good, near town (especially by bike). And very easy trip by bike to science park. However there are loads of places that are reachable - and people commute a long way -because of house prices - for example St Ives - easy commute on guided bus -much cheaper. Have a look at the other threads about moving - have loads of ideas about schools and places to live. Also depends if more than one of you is working and where that would me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now