Christmas activities

(9 Posts)
northofcambridge Sun 22-Nov-15 09:09:31

Thought it would be nice to have a christmas activities thread
Thought about taking DCs to the North pole - did anyone do it last year - what was it like - santa any good , is the ice skating for a 5 yo

Also more for adults older DC saw this Trinity street 16th December which looked lovely www.cambridgebid.co.uk/events/cambridge-switch-on-2015/christmas-on-trinity-street/

Pufflesome Mon 23-Nov-15 11:26:18

Mill Road Winter Fair is usually good

ChestertonCharley Mon 23-Nov-15 12:44:05

We did the North Pole last year with 7yo and just 5yo. Unless you're a good skater, it's worth getting a penguin that they can push along and keep them upright. Waterproof trousers, or a change of trousers also a good idea!

Expensive but memorable, I'd say.

northofcambridge Mon 23-Nov-15 19:28:35

Do you have to pay extra for penguins
Yes I loved the winter fair - although I am not sure the DCs enjoyed as much? Any views on the best santa - noticed there is one at the tourist infomation office this year

ChestertonCharley Tue 24-Nov-15 12:21:39

I think you pay to reserve a penguin, but if you're off peak you might get lucky.

orchardy Tue 24-Nov-15 22:16:50

Panto?

DiskFix Wed 25-Nov-15 11:01:33

The talented teen-age singers of Cambridge Youth Opera will be performing "Amahl and the Night Visitors" in three locations in Cambridge (http://www.cambridgeyouthopera.com/).

"This festive season, Cambridge Youth Opera presents shepherds, kings and a very bad tempered parrot as we bring Amahl and the Night Visitors to three venues – St Andrew’s, St Laurence’s and St Augustine’s.

Amahl is a beautiful, seasonal story and our simple production is great fun for all ages. Admission is free, with a retiring collection after each performance."

Performance dates and venues:

28 November, 16:00
St Andrew’s Church, Chesterton
29 November, 20:00
St Laurence’s Church, Milton Road
04 December, 18:00
St Augustine’s Church, Richmond Road

Tingalingle Wed 25-Nov-15 17:06:25

Thanks, DiskFix, I'll see if I can get DD along to that.

Hmm, age 12 and up to take part? She's not a bad singer herself...

orchardy Sat 28-Nov-15 17:22:50

We just went this pm. Just popped on to say how impressed we were. Fabulous singing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now