Cambridge Gymnastics Classes

(8 Posts)
DyeInTheEar Sat 25-Jul-15 09:57:25

I'm looking for a gym class for my 5 yo DD - she is a total beginner & desperate to start learning. My forward rolls aren't impressing her much.

I am looking for a holiday club and then hopefully a regular Saturday morning club. Has anyone got experience of Cambridge Gymnastics Academy or classes at local gyms / or recommendations.

Thanks so much!

chintonroad Sat 25-Jul-15 16:47:58

My daughter age 6 has been going to Netherhall gym for 3 years, just got her BG 6 and 5 <proud> Depends on which side of town you are, really. They have good equipment (proper bars etc) but don't push the younger ones too much - not sure how competitive they get with older ones but they're always pretty impressive in the termly shows.

www.netherhallgymnastics.co.uk

DyeInTheEar Sat 25-Jul-15 19:20:23

Thank you chin- have emailed!

Lizardc Sun 26-Jul-15 18:53:24

The Little Gym on Fremch's Road is also worth a look. They offer free trial classes.

From what I hear the Cambridge Gymnastics Academy is good but can have long waiting lists for classes.

My DD is doing the Dynamics Gymnastics holiday club at Parkside next week. They do weekly classes as well but I think the waiting list can be pretty long. Take a look at their website;
dynamicsgymnastics.co.uk/

HTH

DyeInTheEar Tue 28-Jul-15 17:31:49

Thanks everyone - we're on a couple of waiting lists - it's very popular!

orchardy Wed 29-Jul-15 22:41:51

North Cambridge Academy gym also very well regarded.

GirtonGirl Thu 30-Jul-15 20:03:37

My DD goes to Cambridge Gymnastics Academy and it is very good. Classes are held in Arbury. They do have some classes on a Saturday for all levels.
As someone has already said, they do have a long waiting list, so get your DD on it as soon as you can to give yourself this option at some point.
They will be moving to new bigger premises close by at some point (hopefully next year) and then will be able to take on lots more people.

They also do holiday club for 4 weeks this summer holiday and also in other school holidays. You can do morning, afternoon or full day. You don't need to go to their regular classes to go to the holiday club

Cambridge Gymnastics Academy
www.cambridgegymnastics.co.uk/

I know some people who use Little Gym, and some of these have now moved to CGA when they got offered a place. Little Gym is MUCH more expensive too.

I don't know about Netherhall so can't comment on that one.

Good Luck in finding a class.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now