Living in Burwell...?

(3 Posts)
themightywalrus Fri 24-Jul-15 14:51:08

Hello all. We're considering buying a house in Burwell. Could you tell me your experience of Burwell Primary please (my eldest daughter will be starting primary in Sept 17), village life and the commute to the Science Park? I'll try to visit the primary school myself soon, but wrap-around care will be important too. I also have a 2 year old, so may be looking for a nursery/preschool at some point too. Many thanks ��

ChasingSquirrelsinCambs Mon 03-Aug-15 13:17:28

Travel to the science park won't be fun, but that's from most areas! Burwell to Cambridge is about 25 mins with little / no traffic and upto an hour in rush hour.

It's a nice village, quite big so plenty of amenities.
Growing through infill housing plus a large new estate (200-300 houses) planned on the Newmarket road.
Primary school is large, 2 x 30 intake per year. Surrounding villages are mostly 15-20 per year in mixed year group classes. No personal experience of Burwell as we live in nearby village, but have friends whose kids have been/go there.
Pre school is Burwell Early Learners on the primary site, Spring Close Montessori plus The Red House day care all in Burwell. Plus childminders. Then other options further afield (Newmarket or Cambridge - I think the Science Park has day care).

ChasingSquirrelsinCambs Mon 03-Aug-15 13:19:54

I'm pretty sure there is wrap around care at the primary, breakfast and after school clubs - although a childminder who does school drop off and collections is also a consideration especially with your younger one.

Secondary is either Bottisham or Soham Village College, both with good reputations.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now