Commuting to Cambridge & Peterborough

(5 Posts)
CentralshetlandMam Sat 18-Jul-15 14:14:33

My friends are looking to move from rented very central Cambridge to buy outside. One works in Cambridge, the other in Peterborough. Any suggestions that is not Chatteris? Which is all they can think of.

They are first time buyers, no plans for kids, with a small deposit so thinking of buying small & affordable flat rather than 4 bed family home! Wish to avoid A14 if possible.

Any ideas? Friend is depressed about moving from central Cambridge but have just got a rent increase & have decided they need to buy.

Thanks!

orchardy Sat 18-Jul-15 15:40:39

Huntingdon sounds like the logical choice. Godmanchester is quite nice. They'd just skirt the A14 and then get straight onto the usually clear A1. The one going into Cambridge would have a worse time of it, though they could drive from Godmanchester past Papworth and along the A428, thus avoiding the A14...

orchardy Sat 18-Jul-15 15:42:38

Or live in Ely, walking distance from the station. Then they could commute in opposite directions to C'bridge and P'boro but still live in a pretty city. I think that's what I'd do.

CentralshetlandMam Sat 18-Jul-15 22:36:11

Thanks! I'll pass on your messages

northofcambridge Sun 19-Jul-15 21:21:24

or St Ives -get the guided bus into Cambridge?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now