5 year old birthday party recommendations

(13 Posts)
SummerLightning Tue 14-Jul-15 16:47:23

Hi can anyone recommend either a children's entertainer or ideas for a 5 year olds birthday party please?
Preferably something that is not too expensive for lots of children (doesn't matter if it works out priceyish, but I am thinking along the lines of hiring a hall (probably our local village one) and getting an entertainer, rather than soft play or something) as my daughter has been to loads of birthday parties this year and so I think we will have to invite most of her class.

SiliconJen Tue 14-Jul-15 21:43:01

Mr Marvel? It's a franchise I think so there are a few of them around. We've been to a few Mr Marvel parties and my DC always enjoyed them at that age.

Duxy5 Tue 14-Jul-15 23:33:21

Or Steve Sausage (he does magic). I don't have contact details, but have seen him several times in S. Cambs. Would also go for Mr Marvel. I saw him twice in one weekend a few years ago......!

SummerLightning Wed 15-Jul-15 10:30:21

Thanks! Will check them out. My daughter has been to a few with entertainers, but don't know who they were! Steve Sausage does not look familiar though, which is good.

LocalEditorCambridge Wed 15-Jul-15 19:09:58

There's a list here children's parties

but not reviews yet... not sure if that's any help.

Good luck!

MillieRoad Sat 18-Jul-15 20:37:59

Steve Sausage is amazing!!! I am waiting for my youngest to be old enough to appreciate him, five is the perfect age for him too.

MillieRoad Sat 18-Jul-15 20:40:26

www.steve-sausage.co.uk

This is him - invite me if you book him, it was a children's party I actually enjoyed.

SummerLightning Mon 20-Jul-15 10:59:45

Steve sausage turns out to be too expensive for us! Might be ok if doing a joint party, but silly money for a single child's birthday party.

in the end we have decided to just do it at our house (it will be in the school holidays so we are worried not that many children will be able to come) and not do the children's entertainer thing.

Turns out my husband has been to a party with steve sausage before though and said he was really good.

Mr Marvel also sounded good - I contacted him, not as expensive as Steve sausage, but still a lot of money!

MillieRoad Mon 20-Jul-15 11:02:51

How much is Steve Sausage? I have never asked and I noticed that his prices aren't on his website.

SummerLightning Mon 20-Jul-15 11:18:25

I will PM you Millie, I don't think it's fair to put his prices on a public forum when they are not on his website.

LittlePoot Mon 20-Jul-15 17:33:53

Any chance you could pm me with the prices too? Thanks very much.

Lizardc Wed 22-Jul-15 11:42:50

My son was five at the weekend. We hired out the swimming pool at king's hedges (king's hedges learner pool) which is £50 for an hour (Saturday or Sunday afternoon 4-5). We had party tea in the park next door first with the splashpad and the kids had a ball. For under eights, one adult has to swim for every two children and you can have 30 in the pool so max 20 kids.

It was a great party and fairly inexpensive.

npa30 Tue 04-Aug-15 14:52:32

Mr Rainbow is great too (less expensive than some other entertainers but I do not know your budget). V funny and involves the kids in the show nicely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now