Any Foxton mums?

(4 Posts)
Lornajane20 Fri 03-Jul-15 19:42:58

We are relocating from overseas back to the UK next week after 10 years away. We need to get a school place for DS1 (year 2) and have found a rental property in Foxton. We have a tour of Foxton Primary School and Fowlmere when we get back. Any mums from either school who can give any feedback? Also are there any mums groups/get togethers that run in the area? Thanks!

NewnhamNannies Sun 26-Jul-15 23:18:44

Also interested in knowing what's available for children in Foxton, suitable activites for a 4yr old and 2 yr old. Good luck with your move smile

doctorgeek Thu 30-Jul-15 15:48:29

Fowlmere primary is excellent! Really welcoming and friendly, good resources for such a small school (including a small swimming pool). The head and deputy have both been reasonably recent appointments (last 5 years or so) and work really well together. Fowlmere is quite boy heavy for some reason, so it's great that there are male teaching staff as well. Parents are a friendly bunch.

Fowlmere has a good playgroup and the village parents meet up for drinks and sometimes a curry at the local curry house.

FWIW, parents that I know who have looked round both Foxton and Fowlmere have chosen Fowlmere. They both share after school club with Thriplow.

Bluetinkerbell Tue 04-Aug-15 09:59:33

We moved out if Foxton a year ago today down south to Kent. We loved it there, my eldest went to Foxton primary, did reception year there and we were very happy with the school. There is a Toddler group in Tuesday morning which is lovely. Also an excellent preschool, but don't know much about it as my toddler was too young to go when we lived there.
Church also does activities.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now