Do teens like living in Upper Cambourne?

(4 Posts)
Eager2B Mon 22-Jun-15 21:22:40

We are relocating to Cambridge, and would like to know what teenagers think about living in Upper Cambourne as opposed to one of the smaller surrounding villages?

Is it too far to travel to school?
Is there enough to do?
Because it's quite a big residential area, are there lots of teenagers, or is it mainly younger families?

Any info about the area would be very helpful.

Thanks smile

MrsGrowbag Wed 24-Jun-15 22:29:45

We live in a small village near Cambourne and my teens spend a lot of time visiting friends in Cambourne. There's a lot more to do there than in the smaller villages.

If your teens are year 09 or older then they'll go to Comberton Village College, and there's a school bus. If they are year 07 or 08 then they'll go to Cambourne Village College which is an easy cycle from Upper Cambourne.

Eager2B Thu 25-Jun-15 18:54:28

Thanks MrsGrowbag, that's good to know smile. We are looking at Comberton, Hardwick and Cambourne, to be in the Comberton catchment.

CheeseandGherkins Thu 25-Jun-15 18:58:56

I live in Cambourne and my eldest is a teen. PM me if you want more info. There is a secondary school here in Cambourne now so it's not far to travel at all! There is a fair amount to do no, especially if they want to get involved a lot. Buses go into Cambridge regularly too. There are a lot of families here. From Sept there is a year 9 at Cambourne village college too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now