Expat mums in Cambridge

(4 Posts)
dkmum Tue 06-Jan-15 15:02:33

Hi everyone.
I just moved to Cambridge (from Denmark, Copenhagen) with my husband and 1 1/2 year old son. We live in CB2 close to botanical gardens. Does anyone know if there are any groups for expat mums in the city? My son is in nursery, but I would love to give him a day off once in a while and meet up with other mums in the area. Happy with any advise smile

orchardy Tue 06-Jan-15 22:45:18

Welcome DK mum

I hope you are enjoying Cambridge. I don't know if there are any groups specifically for expat parents but Cambridge is extremely international - if you go along to any toddler group it's likely you'll find some expats. I do know that there is, for example, a Finnish group for parents and children, but I don't know enough Danes to know if there is anything in particular. Have you spoken to other parents/staff at your son's nursery? They might know of some groups too.

HelenLynn Wed 07-Jan-15 02:09:31

If you or your partner are associated with the University, there's a family-friendly, and apparently pretty active, Newcomers and Visiting Scholars group: www.nvs.admin.cam.ac.uk/about-us. (Having looked at their website I sort of wish I was a visiting scholar - it looks so lovely and friendly!)

Zika Thu 08-Jan-15 23:19:36

Hiya,

I am quite close to where you are and also international. Have a little one too.

Drop me a PM when you have a moment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now