Villages near Cambridge - cycle paths

(7 Posts)
Colliherts Tue 11-Nov-14 08:59:13

Hi - thinking of moving to village near Cambridge. We really want to cycle into Cambridge safely. Which villages have safe cycle paths to Cambridge ?

I was thinking of Histon but when I googled this - the route looks really scary through busy roads.

Thanks

Hanl30 Tue 11-Nov-14 12:58:38

I think you can bike along guided bus routes

ChestertonCharley Tue 11-Nov-14 12:59:09

Safe for adults or children? Coton is very good, Hardwick pretty good. How far do you want to cycle? Does it have to be lit all the way?

ChestertonCharley Tue 11-Nov-14 13:00:06

You might find this a useful resource www.cyclestreets.net/journey/location/36581/

Lizardc Tue 11-Nov-14 17:00:43

Histon over the A14 and Histon Road would not be my choice. But Histon along the guided bus way and then down the cycle path on Milton Roas is a super route. And it is a super village! We are hoping to move three at some stage.

SummerLightning Tue 11-Nov-14 17:05:28

Histon is great as you can go along the guided bus. Ditto for other places north of there on the guided bus route (Oakington, etc)
Milton also pretty good (take the bridge over by Tesco)
Shelford, Stapleford Coton, Fulbourn, Trumpington (maybe not really a village) Granchester, all pretty good.
Haslingfield, Barton, Comberton also ok , but not quite so great.

NewtoCambridge Tue 11-Nov-14 20:58:00

I used to cycle from Histon down the guided busway then through Arbury and Kings Hedges down to Jesus Green, it was quite a good route

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now