Any mums-to-be in South Cambridge?

(16 Posts)
bagofsnakes Tue 04-Nov-14 15:27:50

I'm looking to get together with some mums-to-be central/south Cambridge way, are there any out there?

I had my first child (now 2.5) while we were living abroad and so I don't know a masses of parents in Cambridge and non who are pregnant. Our next baby is due in February and we live just off Mill Rd (Romsey end).

Probably won't be doing birthing classes as the only refresher course is on days we can't make so I'm just looking for pregnant ladies to get to know, to share the 'joys' of pregnancy with, to have a mat leave (decaf) coffee with - all of that stuff :-)

Would love to hear from anyone interested in meeting up.

Minesril Wed 05-Nov-14 14:52:04

Not a mum to be - my son is almost four months. But I am on mat leave still! Live in South cambridge. There is a meet up being arranged at the moment:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/2219335-LRD-has-moved-to-Cambridge-How-about-that-meet-up?

SiliconJen Thu 06-Nov-14 18:26:43

Have you been to any of the groups at Romsey Mill? They may be a good place to meet other mums.

lightsky32s Sat 13-Dec-14 18:37:02

I have a 9 week old and live near cherry hinton. Would love to meet other mums and maybe try some of the baby groups

rosemarie04 Sat 13-Dec-14 19:41:46

would also love to meet up. bagofsnakes and lightsky32s, i am located just north of the river. my due date is in 2 weeks.

Virgo9 Tue 16-Dec-14 18:27:21

I have a 4 year old & Number 2 is due Mid Feb. I live in Cherry Hinton & would be interested in meeting others mums in the new year.

lightsky32s Tue 16-Dec-14 19:09:40

We should try and organise something for the new year. They have a bumps to babies group in cherry hinton maybe we could all meet there?

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 16-Dec-14 20:25:24

Hi - sorry to butt in - Would someone like to be the Cambridge Mumsnet Local Ambassador? The last LA has started a course and can't arrange meet ups anymore.

It doesn't take any huge commitment just means you have a star by your name (on the meet up list) and keeps the meet up page going. You don't have to attend every get together - or even arrange every single one - but means that there's a point of contact for new mumsnetters wanting to meet up.

I know other LAs (for other local sites) have started Facebook pages which have worked well too - so people directed from the local pages to there (so means feels less anonymous when going for meet ups). I think there are lots of mumsntters in Cambridge wink

email me if you'd be interested - I'm on cambridge@mumsnetlocal.com

bike

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 16-Dec-14 20:32:16

p.s. Congratulations by the way on new babies & all the best to those due!

flowers

Virgo9 Fri 27-Feb-15 14:49:26

Hi,

Anyone interested in meeting up, in the next week or 2?

EmmaJune91 Wed 04-Mar-15 18:19:11

Hello,

I've just moved to Cambridge, near Jesus Green and I'm expecting my first baby in July. I was looking to meet other mums/women who are pregnant in the area.

Would love to hear from anyone interested in meeting up or just to chat smile

mommyJB Tue 07-Apr-15 10:24:08

Hi, I live in South Cambridge and my son was born in February. I'd love to get to know other mums to meet up with for a coffee, for lunch or for a walk. Is anyone going to the Bumps to babies group in Cherry Hinton? Would love to hear from anyone who is interested :-)

LittleTreats83 Thu 16-Apr-15 13:35:56

Hi everyone, my first baby is due in September and I live in Shelford to the south of Cambridge. Would love to hear from anyone who's at a similar stage!

austengirl Wed 27-May-15 15:55:19

Hi LittleTreats,

So nice to hear about others in the area expecting their first. I'm due in November. If you'd like to meet up in Shelford before or after the baby arrives, let me know!

LittleTreats83 Thu 11-Jun-15 18:00:48

Hi austengirl,

Thanks for your message - it would be lovely to meet you if you're in the area. July or August would be best for me, assuming there's not an early arrival! The deli in Shelford might be a good location. Let me know what you think.

austengirl Fri 12-Jun-15 14:17:53

Just messaged you LT smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now