Cambridge Mumsnet Meet ups February / March 2014

(20 Posts)
LocalEditorCambridge Tue 11-Feb-14 20:11:26

Who's up for

1. day time / week day meet up w/c 24th February

2. Evening meet up Fri / Sat with plenty of wine wine wine - early March - Does someone want to organise this?

3. Joining a Cambridge Mumsnet Book Club to meet on a monthly basis in bar in Cambridge Mon-Thurs starting in March

4. Day time / weekend meet up - does this appeal to anyone?

Thanks

LocalEditorCambridge Wed 12-Feb-14 13:00:08

Mumsnet Local are trying to co-ordinate a nationwide meet up day on

Wednesday 5th March as it's International Women's Day

So shall we aim for then for our next day time meet up?

Bluetinkerbell Thu 13-Feb-14 07:10:02

Checking in to come back to later

CambridgeNewbie Thu 13-Feb-14 07:18:33

I'd be interested in most of those. Probably not the book club at the mo as I haven't managed to pick up a book in 2 yrs! (Since DS was born). Might be able to do 5th march depending on the time.

Bluetinkerbell Thu 13-Feb-14 09:17:56

Right, are you looking to have a day time book club? As I know an excellent venue for it wink that is if Fulbourn would be good. I work in Twelve, which is a second hand book shop/parish centre for the church in Fulbourn. It's got a comfy sofa and a kitchen to make coffee/teas. smile

1. Friday the 28th February? I can make it then smile Bringing DD3 with me though to give DH a break

Abenethri Thu 13-Feb-14 10:00:14

Marking place - I could definitely make daytime meetups / book group Weds-Fri during the week, though city centre is better for me.
(I would love to go to an evening meetup with wine, but at the moment DD is still quite insistent on bf being available on demand in the evening.... Hopefully towards the summer she'll be easier to leave in the evenings!)

LocalEditorCambridge Thu 13-Feb-14 18:49:40

Oh god I'm such an idiot. I'm away March 5th....

Does anyone else want to take over organising something?

Or we can change the date - as I'm happy to have it at my place so people can come and go over period of couple of hours.

I was also thinking an evening book club rather than day time to be honest? But can we do meet ups at your place any way? Sounds fab.

Sorry for being such flake - my youngest has got a vomiting bug so I'm even more sleep deprived than usual.

NewtoCambridge Thu 13-Feb-14 20:49:27

I'd be up for the book club, and am always for an evening night out.

GinAndIt Sun 16-Feb-14 22:00:48

I would definitely be up for a book club. Evenings would work best for me. And am also up for another boozy night grin

NekoKutsu Tue 18-Feb-14 16:23:43

Fri 28th Feb is good for me for day time now docs appts aren't taking over my life!

I'm being flakey I know

theA14 Wed 19-Feb-14 22:05:57

Hello, I continue to be up for evenings out. Early March is good and Fridays have been ok for most so far.

We have been to:

Baroosh which was groovy but noisy later.

The Cambridge Brewhouse which was friendly and had nice snack food.

Cau which was dinner-y rather than a bar with food but it was delicious.

Other places we considered:
The Maypole
The Pint Shop

Having started threads for the last 4 meets and cocked up the booking for the last one, I'm happy to leave it to someone else to sort out this time. smile

LocalEditorCambridge Sat 22-Feb-14 09:17:30

A14 there's a possibility of Club12a - need to chase up a meeting with the owner.

I'm away early March but could organise something for late March. But do no wait for me.

Some one can step in to ensure you all get drunk together

Hazel1985 Mon 24-Feb-14 11:28:29

Hi I am married and have been in cambridge 8 months now n don't know any one sad left all my mates behind to start fresh with my 4 kids I have 3 girls aged 8 4 3 and my boy 1 year I am 28 I keep myself to myself till I know u all better I hope I would love to meet up n make some new friends smile how ever I normally only free Wednesday n Thursday due to two schools nursery n doc appointments ect please let me know thank u have a grate day

GinAndIt Mon 24-Feb-14 14:57:12

Hi Hazel1985 you're very welcome to come along to our evening meetups. I know that there are day time meetups too, I think the Local editor is organising one. Would be lovely to meet you smile

I can organise the next evening meet up if that's ok with everyone. Can you all let me know when you are available please. I thought I'd try the pint shop this time but open to suggestions.

GinAndIt Mon 24-Feb-14 15:07:27

But you'll still have to bring the penis beaker theA14 grin

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 25-Feb-14 12:35:14

Hello to everyone new <waves to lurkers!>

I can't do anything for 2 weeks. But PLEASE do not wait for me to organise something, especially now we might even get a few minutes days without rain.

I've been fighting my children's bugs - now they are all better I'm getting ill and I'm on annual leave next week so laods to do as well as feeling rubbish ...so this week & next week out for me. sad

If anyone wants to take over, just pick a date, start a thread and see if anyone is free to come along.

When I get back I will organise a day time get together and - could do it at my house so people aren't too time restricted by children's naps or having to control toddler in cafes.

By the way here's a link to some baby & toddler groups if you're feeling a bit stuck at home..

local groups

theA14 Thu 27-Feb-14 07:53:58

I have to clarify that it's just a beaker. A perfectly respectable clean, green beaker.

I'm free Friday 14th March.

Could do the 21st also but I'm going to Early Night Club on the 20th I think.

GinAndIt Thu 06-Mar-14 16:20:19

Sorry forgot to link to new thread tis here

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 11-Mar-14 16:38:42

I'm back from my week away and it feels like I've been gone for months.

I'm doing the Easter listings..

Who fancies a day time meet up next week 19th March

LocalEditorCambridge Thu 13-Mar-14 10:36:09

I've started a new thread for 19th March meet up here:

local.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_cambridge_the_friendship_bench/2024136-Wednesday-19th-March-11am

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now