Trumpington Car Boot sale

(8 Posts)
DyeInTheEar Mon 03-Feb-14 08:57:30

I've got loads of hardly worn DCs' clothes / baby care books to sell and can't face eBay. Has anyone been to this car boot - would you recommend? Is it the place to sell on children's clothes ?

Abenethri Wed 05-Feb-14 09:32:14

Bumping as interested in this too!

Shells Wed 05-Feb-14 14:18:36

I love the boot sales, and a lot less hassle than ebay. But you won't make millions. People are expecting things to sell for £5 or less, and often £1 an item for children's clothes.
The Trumpington one is always good.

DyeInTheEar Wed 05-Feb-14 18:47:07

Oh thanks Shells - is trumpington scary busy ? Think selling things for few quid sounds perfect.

I think I might wait till Spring - can't face going through everything just yet - though think will sell my maternity clothes online.

Shells Thu 06-Feb-14 08:18:20

Yes, choose a sunny morning - its so much nicer and busier. Its not scary busy but you need to be a bit prepared. All the pros swarm over your stuff when you arrive so have anything more expensive ready with a price and I wouldn't budge much on the prices for the first hour or so. See what people are prepared to pay.
Its really quite fun!

DyeInTheEar Fri 07-Feb-14 12:38:36

Oh Shells that's great advice. Last time I did one all the regulars were waiting at the back of my car before I'd even got out. I didn't want to get out either because they were bloody loads of them peering in. And when I did get my sales out they were very sneery and walked off disgusted that I wouldn't sell a brand new seeing machine for 7p. grin

DyeInTheEar Fri 07-Feb-14 12:39:46

Sewing machine

I wasn't selling my new invention the "seeing machine"

Shells Fri 07-Feb-14 13:49:07

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now