Any opinion about Fawcett?

(7 Posts)
ritabu Mon 27-Jan-14 16:08:34

We just moved to Great Knighton in Trumpington and my son is starting reception in September 2014. We applied for Fawcett as first choice, Trumpington Meadows as second choice and Queen Edith as third. I'd like to know some opinions about them, we moved from Italy and we don't know much about local schools. Thanks.

LocalEditorCambridge Sun 02-Feb-14 15:40:51

The only one I know is Queen Edith and hear only good things. Let me bump this and see if we can get some first hand opinions.

ritabu Sun 02-Feb-14 16:47:19

Thanks a lot, I hope someone can tell me something about my first and second choice as mums' opinions are always the best feedback

garliclover Mon 03-Feb-14 10:08:01

My partner and I visited Trumpington last month as we were considering it for our son who is also starting reception in September. The only reason we decided not to was that it was too far away from us. We were both really impressed by it: lovely teachers and deputy head, a calm feel about it, happy children, spatious reception classrooms. The building is new and huge, and very few children there, so it also felt a bit echoey. And there is a building site next to it. But we liked the fact that it's still a small school in terms of pupil numbers. This year there are 89 pupils in the school, and they don't expect to reach full capacity (c. 400, I think?) until 5 or 6 years time, if I understood them correctly. Fawcett already has a really good reputation so it seems you made the right choices! Sorry, not much help but thought I should share my impressions...

ritabu Mon 03-Feb-14 11:13:08

Hi Garliclover, it's so good to read your post. Thank you so much, it makes me feel much better. I have an only son and every time I have to decide something for him I am full of doubts. I guess that mums of two or three are more relaxed..:-)))))

LocalEditorCambridge Mon 03-Feb-14 13:50:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lucycosta Wed 12-Mar-14 08:33:45

So glad I checked this post. Moving to Trumpington in June and I was very worried about schools for my daughter who is dyslexic. She is currently in a private school but apparently they are not as good as state schools(when comes to help kids with learning disabilities). Might invest in some private tuition instead of paying huge fees and little helpsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now