Day Time meet up - sign up here for the next one!

(54 Posts)
LocalEditorCambridge Tue 21-Jan-14 16:39:40

How about....

Thursday 30th
11.30am
Christs' Piece Play area
Followed by Coffee / lunch / in Giraffe at 12 (Christs' Lane CB1 1NP)

If weather miserable and wet we can always head straight to Giraffe...

Mogz Tue 21-Jan-14 19:09:46

Would love to, transport a bit sketchy at the moment though so will have to work around DH's work commitments. Will bribe him with cake later.

wrestlingalligators Wed 22-Jan-14 22:38:57

I work tues and thurs each week so I won't be able to make this one, rats

RandF Thu 23-Jan-14 12:41:48

hi
Am child free on a Thursday so may give this one a miss (its the only chance I have to achieve anything!) but will watch this one carefully as the last one was very enjoyable.

Abenethri Fri 24-Jan-14 13:22:06

Will hope to make this one if others are keen? Otherwise I can prob make all Thursdays in February.

SkinnyLegsAndAll Fri 24-Jan-14 13:56:28

I'm in! Hopefully we'll have decent weather. If not, we can always transfer to the play area in the library if need be.

Looking forward to it.

Btw, how do I know who's who?!

SkinnyLegsAndAll Fri 24-Jan-14 13:58:05

Oops - sorry for the library suggestion, just saw that we'll go straight to Giraffe if the weather is bad. Sounds good to me! (Mmmmmmm, sweet potato fries...)

godolphinarms Fri 24-Jan-14 21:31:19

Hi, Might be able to come along, DD is 2 - not sure how old other DCs coming will be?

LocalEditorCambridge Sat 25-Jan-14 10:54:44

Mine is 13 months and not walking yet so 5 mins on the swing and a babycino is about as good as it gets for him.

But last time ages varied from 9 months to (I think...) 2...

Arses about those who can't make it. Next time it'll be a Friday, time after that Monday (you get the pattern...smile) so we don't always exclude same people.

Will be great to meet everyone / see people again.

Contact me on cambridge@localmumsnet.com if you want - or via Facebook page or on twitter @MNCambridge

SkinnyLegsAndAll Sat 25-Jan-14 22:32:53

Mine's almost 12 months and I will be very happy for him to release some energy running around for a bit!

LocalEditorCambridge Mon 27-Jan-14 18:25:37

Fab! Everyone welcome. Will post on facebook nearer the time.

Looking forward to it. My older two have been ill so I've got serious cabin fever....

wrestlingalligators Mon 27-Jan-14 19:20:14

Hurrah (sort of) – I will be able to make it after all as childcare crisis means I no longer work Tuesdays and Thursdays until after May! I'll be bringing just my 20-month-old DS.

LocalEditorCambridge Mon 27-Jan-14 20:06:20

Ace (sort of) our gain though!

LocalEditorCambridge Tue 28-Jan-14 16:28:02

Can I just add that DS may be in his sister's pink coat. I'm not making a statement about raising my DCs gender neutral. I've lost his coat.

Abenethri Wed 29-Jan-14 00:01:40

Aargh, we're all down here with awful D&V (noro?) NHS says leave at least 48hrs afterwards to avoid passing it on, so it looks like I should sit out Thursday's meetup sad Really disappointed! Hope there will be another one soon....?

LocalEditorCambridge Wed 29-Jan-14 11:27:02

Oh poor you - you have my full sympathy.

There will absolutely be more. We now have a local ambassador in place who'll organise get togethers on a monthly basis.

But please feel free to arrange more - absolutely open to anyone to organise so we don't feel cabin fever crazy

LocalEditorCambridge Thu 30-Jan-14 09:27:38

It's raining.. we'll still be there though. See you at the park, dodging the drizzle.

I'm in grey jeans, so I'll match the sky.

If you can't face the park head to Giraffe - I'm called Emilie - so you're not forced to ask which table are the mumsnetters. smile

LocalEditorCambridge Thu 30-Jan-14 11:38:46

Rain too heavy - headed straight to Giraffe!

wrestlingalligators Thu 30-Jan-14 11:48:51

I'm afraid that O and I have wimped out of driving into Cambridge in the rain, as he's not v good at sitting still in restaurants! I fancy trying out the Fulbourn soft play midweek soon though?

LocalEditorCambridge Thu 30-Jan-14 11:58:15

I don't blame you. DS being a pain already and over tired - I'm up for activities too.

SkinnyLegsAndAll Thu 30-Jan-14 12:11:00

Not sure if you'll get this in time but I'm on my way to Giraffe!

SkinnyLegsAndAll Thu 30-Jan-14 12:31:31

Argh - the server said I just missed you (was that you walking out with the cameleon?)

Sorry about being so late. DS's naps are changing - starting later and going longer (hooray!) and I didn't want to wake him. Although in the end I did wake him - cue massive amounts of tears - and I STILL missed you.

Hope to do it again and be more timely. Perhaps next time we can PM numbers for texting?

Enjoy your weekend all - stay warm and dry.

SkinnyLegsAndAll Thu 30-Jan-14 12:33:12

Btw, I'm up for activities, too - DS would rather run around than sit in a chair while the mummies have wine lunch. smile

LocalEditorCambridge Thu 30-Jan-14 12:57:58

Oh arses! I had black bugaboo - did you see me leave? I'm so sorry - DS didn't stay asleep and was being tricky .... And I thought weather had rightly put people off.

Let's organise something quickly - what are the best weather proof ideas

LocalEditorCambridge Thu 30-Jan-14 13:18:26

Have sent you a PM Skinny

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now