Moving to Fulbourn

(8 Posts)
RandF Mon 09-Dec-13 22:21:38

hi.
We are moving from Leeds to Fulbourn just before Christmas with our 2 boys, one aged 5 and the other 19 months.
My 5 year old will be starting year 1 at Fulbourn Primary in January.
We'll have lots of exploring to do so any recommendations of places to go gratefully received. Also can any one recommend a good place for swimming lessons for both boys?
Thanks

JennyWren1234 Wed 11-Dec-13 22:58:54

I would definitely recommend Seals Swimming.

www.sealsswimming.co.uk

I think they have lessons at the Granta at Linton which would be their nearest lessons to Fulbourn. Friends of mine have lessons at Bottisham Sports Centre which they are pleased with, but the Seals lessons are in much smaller pools which may be better for younger children.

Good luck with your move and welcome to Cambridge!

JennyWren1234 Wed 11-Dec-13 23:01:43

Having said that, I see that there are lessons at the Windmill Pool in Fulbourn which would obviously be more convenient, although I don't know anyone who has been to these lessons, so don't know if they are good. Here's the website address - www.sas-swimming.co.uk

RandF Thu 12-Dec-13 13:17:43

Thanks, I'll look into these

NewtoCambridge Thu 12-Dec-13 20:50:00

Welcome to Cambridge, come along to our next meet up, strong liver can come in useful smile

I second Seals Swimming, we use them and they are great. Fulborn also has a soft play which is nice, will be good for both 5 yr old and the little one, does good birthday parties and nice cake

NeverKnowinglyUnderstoodinCamb Thu 12-Dec-13 21:00:35

very lucky to be within walking distance of one of the nicest soft play centers I have ever been to
cheeky monkeys

NeverKnowinglyUnderstoodinCamb Thu 12-Dec-13 21:01:06

we no longer live there but still travel back for the greengrocer and butcher once a week. envy

Bluetinkerbell Fri 07-Feb-14 21:34:52

Very welcome to Windmill Toddler group at the Fulbourn centre on Tuesday mornings term time from 9.30 to 11.30 smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now