Chestnut Nursery - Chesterton

(8 Posts)
birdbrained Fri 29-Nov-13 20:59:05

Does anyone have experience with this nursery? I take its very new - not had time for Ofsted yet.

Many thanks

birdbrained Fri 13-Dec-13 10:37:21

Just a follow up for this for anyone interested. I went to visit Chesnut yesterday and was really impressed with the set up. They have a lovely, newly adapted building, with three generous sized 'rooms' for under 2's, over 2's and preschool. All the rooms are well kitted out and have lots of natural light. The only downside is that I think the babies room will be a little small when they have reached their capacity of 15. But this is hopefully compensated by lots of outside space and the use of other areas within the nursery. They have a really big garden, the babies have their own fenced bit, with a soft surface, which is available free flow from their room.

The manager seems really good, she has come from another of the Chesnut nurseries in London, which was reasurringly ranked 'Good' at its recent Ofsted in June 2013. The only have a small number of children enrolled currently (they opened in September) but are slowly building up the roll and the staff. While I was there all the children were having a yoga session which looked like good fun.

My friend who came with me and has looked around several of the Cambridge nurseries in the area said that it was the nicest that she had seen.

I have signed up my daughter, so if there is anyone else at the moment struggling with the huge waiting lists at other nurseries I think it's well worth a look.

Rinnyx Tue 14-Jan-14 14:00:38

Hi
My son has just joined this week.
I did have him down at the Shirley but they never even informed me they were full. Thankfully I popped into chestnut Thursday for a tour and my son started yesterday.

It really is a lovely place, staff are so friendly and it's nice in a way they are not overcrowded yet.
So another thumbs up if anyone is also in 2 minds about this place smile

WilderRose Tue 14-Jan-14 19:05:23

Do you mean Cambridge Day Nursery which is on the Shirley site rather than the Shirley Nursery Rinnx?
I know the school Nursery not completely full.

WilderRose Tue 14-Jan-14 19:12:28

Whatever, though. Glad your son is happy Rinnyx smile.

Rinnyx Thu 16-Jan-14 00:42:11

Yeah the staff at reception told me they were full and had others waiting.
My son was really upset as he kept telling me it was his school but thankfully he loves it at chestnut smile

Hazel1985 Mon 24-Feb-14 12:12:56

My girl been going there since it opened every one is grate my girl loves it and is always very happy when I see her she is loud n I was worried it would be too much but to be fair all the nursery managers are grate every one is always smiling I am happy I put her in this nursery as my other girl is school next to it also a grate school smile

Beth2014 Sat 01-Mar-14 20:23:45

CDN Shirley isn't full I went for a visit recently it's a lovely preschool and they have spaces available, you just need to ensure you enquire with the nursery rather than the school

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now