Renting direct from landlord - Cambridge centre

(6 Posts)
bagofsnakes Fri 10-May-13 12:36:15

We need to move this summer to be close to the train station and I really don't want to go through an agency and pay those crazy fees. Does anyone have any idea how I can rent directly from a landlord in Cambridge? Or maybe someone knows of a property/landlord in that area and could put me in touch? Any help would be appreciated.

AbneyandTealandNeep Sun 12-May-13 10:03:48

Have a look here

Also Gumtree, and if you're anything to do with the university then you can use the University Accommodation Service.

Good luck! smile

bagofsnakes Sun 12-May-13 10:37:46

Hi and thank you for the response. I'm keeping an eye on Gumtree and I'll keep checking the site you recommended, it look like a good 'un. We won't be connected to the uni next year, hence our need to leave our very central and reasonably priced apartment and head into the scary real world of private renting.

We need to be near the station and that area seems super expensive but hey ho. If anyone on this forum knows of any properties coming up (we'd want to move July/Aug) in the Mill/Hill road/station area we'd be very very thankful for the tip.

Thank you! smile

northofcambridge Tue 21-May-13 16:58:25

bagofsnakes - I don't think the fees are that bad -I would look into it -
and some of the private landlords that advertise at the university accomadation service will rent to non uinversity people I think

MarronGlace Tue 21-May-13 22:54:26

I thought it was the landlord that paid all the estate agents' fees?

bagofsnakes Wed 22-May-13 11:12:34

The ones that I contacted all required fees from the tenants too - ugh! I really don't like estate agents.

As it happens we found a great place through http://www.brettward.co.uk/canb/

As recommended by AbneyandTealandNeep - thank you for that! We rented directly from the owners, it's a two bed terrace with a garden (much better than our current student family flat!) and right between Mill Rd and the train station. Score!

When summer finally gets here, I am going to spend every waking hour in that garden, so I am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now