Christmas shopping in Cambridge - successes

(4 Posts)
ChestertonCharley Fri 07-Dec-12 12:01:03

claerwen I know exactly what you mean about beer festival glasses ... except our collection goes back 20 years!

If you're in need of a good feed while Christmas shopping, can I suggest Clown's cafe on King Street. Friendly and good value.

claerwen Fri 07-Dec-12 00:05:36

Limoncello on Mill Road has little boxes of extremely pretty Lauden chocolates with the virtue of looking as expensive as they cost, which is just as well at £15 for a dozen or £6 for four. They are in probably environmentally disastrous but nicely showy-offy plain clear hard plastic boxes.

Chocolat Chocolat on St Andrews Street have sharing pots of microwaveable chocolate fondue in various nice flavours for a tenner each, which I thought made decent presents for teenagers and students.

The Botanic Garden shop had gorgeous (but proper-like, with matching price tag) bee jewellery when I was last there, but that was actually fairly early in the autumn. I don't think you have to pay just to visit the shop as long as you go in the main entrance which is adjacent to it.

And not an independent retailer, but I always think John Lewis have lovely glasses, some of which are cheap to the point of competing with supermarkets. Our cupboard is stuffed full of a decade and a half's worth of Beer Festival souvenirs and tumblers we got from an Iceland loyalty scheme so I may not have any of them myself, so from time to time I have to buy some for someone else, as indeed I have done this year.

NewtoCambridge Wed 05-Dec-12 22:23:59

Thanks I might try that, DD is into dinosaurs at the moment.

I got my sister nice earrings from Palenque near Sainsburys. I like the Quentin Blake Cambridge mugs for sale somewhere on Kings Parade

ChestertonCharley Wed 05-Dec-12 12:22:52

Thought I'd start a thread where we can share our Christmas shopping successes. So to kick off - the perfect present for the little dinosaur fan in your life: cuddly dinosaurs in the Geology Museum (Downing Street, near John Lewis). Large ones £15, small ones £6.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now