Best Estate Agent for north Cambridge Village

(16 Posts)
theA14 Thu 08-Nov-12 21:59:51

Hello, we had what I felt was a low valuation from Tylers and a high valuation from Tucker Gardner (40k between the 2) when we sold our Chesterton house 3 years ago, we ended up using Bush, who came in in the middle.

We bought from Tylers in a northern village though and they were fine to deal with as a buyer.

GrendelsMum Tue 06-Nov-12 19:01:10

I think Tucker Gardners are good - they sold our house very efficiently.

rubyrubyruby Sun 04-Nov-12 22:10:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SunsetSongster Sun 04-Nov-12 22:06:55

In my mind we are going to buy the house though realistically I am not sure she will accept what we can afford (which isn't enough for around here!).

Hope you find something soon.

rubyrubyruby Sun 04-Nov-12 22:03:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SunsetSongster Sun 04-Nov-12 21:52:32

It's someone looking to downsize and I've got the impression she is not that fussed about leaving her home! She did say she'd seen things she was interesed in. Maybe we should go back to her when we have the house on the market as it makes us look more serious than before. Thanks for the advice.

rubyrubyruby Sun 04-Nov-12 21:47:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SunsetSongster Sun 04-Nov-12 21:42:08

Thanks smile

SunsetSongster Sun 04-Nov-12 21:41:16

Oooh ruby am very interested you are on Cambridge local! Does that mean we should be offering on houses before we have sold? Is that how it works round here (sorry if this breaks some sort of mumsnet etiquette about talking about another thread on a thread).
We offered on the house we liked in our village but then got scared we were doing the wrong thing after reading MN. We are in quite a weak position and would need to get at least 5% of the asking price if we are to afford the house we want.

rubyrubyruby Sun 04-Nov-12 21:40:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

StrawWars Sun 04-Nov-12 21:39:02

You might want to try Tylers, they shift things pretty quickly round here.

SunsetSongster Sun 04-Nov-12 21:38:19

There is a house we like (though can't afford unless they accept a bit of a price cut) so we are thinking of putting it on now to see if we can get a good price before Christmas. If we don't get anything we might take it off and try again in the spring. It would be better for us to sell quickly but it wouldn't be the end of the world if we had to wait.
We actually bought the house from Haart and I remember we didn't feel great about them as buyers but can't remember why.

rubyrubyruby Sun 04-Nov-12 21:36:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

kickassangel Sun 04-Nov-12 21:30:11

I didn't use any if them but was never impressed by haart or their ads. I always flicked past that page in the local property paper.

How quickly do you want to sell? Better to get slightly less than nothing if you xan't afford to wait. If you can wait, then after Christmas is a better time than now to put a house on the market

SunsetSongster Sun 04-Nov-12 21:29:06

We're a 3 bed for less than £200K if that makes a difference.

SunsetSongster Sun 04-Nov-12 21:27:02

Hello. Any experience of Cambridge Estate agents? We have had valuations from haart, Tucker Gardner and Bradshaws. Has anyone had an experience of any of them? Are there any others we should speak to? Haart are the most expensive for us as they have a flat fee which would be more than the 1% the others quoted. They have also valued the highest whereas TG have valued the property relatively lower. Any advice welcomed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now