I need affordable but excellent hairdresser

(15 Posts)
Lovefruitsandvegs Mon 05-Sep-11 13:36:12

I had my hair cut before at Seanhanna, T&G, Essensuals. They have become very expensive and so I am looking for something cheaper but as good. I wonder about Scruffs on Bridge Street, Muir and Kerr (any location in Cambridge) or any other salon I have not mentioned. I am prepared to pay between 30 and 40 pounds (why women have to pay more than men? some men have longer hair than me still they pay less). I have tried a hair cut for £20.00 at Trim Set and it was not good at all.

umf Mon 05-Sep-11 14:14:27

I think both the hairdressers at Glassworks Gym are good. Actually, I like them so much that I would not be telling you about them and risking them getting booked up if I were not emigrating anyway. They're 40, I think.

An0therName Mon 05-Sep-11 19:22:16

I had my hair cut at Scruffs - Rae I think, it was 40 although you could pay more - it was very good

Lovefruitsandvegs Tue 06-Sep-11 11:18:08

Thank you umf and An0therName for your suggestions. I will try scruffs first and then glassworks to compare or send my DH. Has anyone ever tried graduate stylists?

iliketeabutprefercoffeetoday Tue 06-Sep-11 21:40:31

I really like stilo on st johns st - never paid any more than 35 pounds for a cut and blow dry.

silvestro Wed 07-Sep-11 03:27:03

Got the best haircut I've had for years in Stilo a few weeks ago. Stylist was Emma/Emily ( she's pg baby due in December..) cut +blow dry $38.

silvestro Wed 07-Sep-11 03:27:25

£35 I mean :-)

lovecorrie Wed 07-Sep-11 18:55:31

I go to garry at Scruffs - he is the director though and costs £68. His staff are all superb though and the place is lovely. I would totally recommend, although it is a bit pricey - but you do get a brilliant choice of drinks...grin

TeddyP Sat 10-Sep-11 15:02:57

I always used to go to Rachel at Scruffs - she is lovely. (too expensive for me now I'm not working). A friend recently went to Code on Mill road (her hair looks great) and Bamboo on Mill road is supposed to be good too.

Lovefruitsandvegs Mon 12-Sep-11 13:49:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lovecorrie Mon 12-Sep-11 13:50:58

blimey, that's really surprised me sad

Lovefruitsandvegs Mon 12-Sep-11 13:58:34

Happens, may be the hairdresser had a bad day. Happens with everyone but usually in my experience hairdressers try to do an excellent job for a new client. Well it did not suit me but it looks as other people like it so probably good for them.

lovecorrie Mon 12-Sep-11 14:23:43

It's just a shame. They have such a fantastic reputation and i know Garry would be horrified if he thought someone was not taking enough care or interest. I'd go back and say you're not really very happy.

JumpJockey Wed 14-Sep-11 15:35:37

I just had a quick and cheerful cut at Nutters on Mill Road, £30 instead of the £60 i usually spend at Sean Hanna, so there was no head massage and no special chair but the cut was exactly the same!

AuntieBulgaria Tue 11-Oct-11 22:28:50

I go to Julian on King Street and have been really pleased as how well the cut has lasted. £35 with blow dry, £30 without.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now