moving to Cambridge soon

(6 Posts)
sue10 Wed 24-Aug-11 21:01:00

Hello,
am soon to be moving to Cambridgeshire, near Foxton, am 25 weeks pregnant, do you know of any baby meeting clubs such as baby massage classes and/or baby signing clubs in the area?

Also need to join a local dr's, has Haslingfield got a good reputation?

Many thanks
XXX.

EauRouge Thu 25-Aug-11 11:57:11

Hi Sue,

I don't live in Cambridge but there's a children's centre in Melbourn which is not far from Foxton and there's one near the hospital in Cambridge that should be easy to get to, especially since the new hospital link road was built. There's loads of stuff in Cambridge, I go to LLL groups there sometimes which are fab.

group http://www.signandcuddles.co.uk/ does classes in Cambourne but I can't vouch for them having never been and you'll probably be able to find something a bit closer anyway.

EauRouge Thu 25-Aug-11 11:57:39

Buggered up the link, sorry. www.signandcuddles.co.uk/

magpieC Fri 26-Aug-11 11:29:18

There's lots going on in Cambridge itself! Signing, singing, massage, swimming, yoga, buggyfit, breastfeeding support groups, bumps and babies groups, the Picturehouse "Big Scream" film screenings to name but some of them! The challenge seems to be finding enough time :-)

I'm hoping to try the TinyTalk signing as a friend has recommended it to me but haven't started so can't really recommend anything myself yet.

I've found the listings in Cambridge Grapevine quite useful (you can pick hard copies of this up in various places as well)

changeroo Fri 26-Aug-11 22:45:16

We moved to the Melbourn in March. We have been to Carol's TinyTalk classes and they are excellent both DD and I really enjoyed them. The classes nearest to us were Whaddon.

We moved when DD was a bit too old for baby massage, but apparently the local Health Visitors (who are lovely) can point you in the direction of them and tend to get new mothers to get together through them. They normally have it listed on here but the listings are different at the moment as it is the school holidays. The children's centres has activities in a number of the villages, but I haven't made it to any of them.

There are swimming lessons available in Melbourn - either at the sports centre or at www.mel-bourn2swim.com/classes.html which has been recommended to me by someone I met at TinyTalk. I have also heard good things about www.swimplythebest.co.uk/ in Thriplow.

There is buggy fit locally www.activenesse.com/page1/index.html, not sure where, but have see it advertised on a poster.

I also wanted to try out this but they were full when I tried to book.

I don't know about Haslingfield surgery. Melbourn surgery seems good so far www.orchardsurgerymelbourn.co.uk/pages/practice.html but doesn't have the really convienient online booking system we had at my previous GP practice.

There is also a free story time in Melbourn Library and some sort of toddler group in Melbourn on a Tuesday morning in term time.

Obviously this is quite Melbourn focussed, but it is really close. Good luck with your move and impending arrival.

sue10 Mon 12-Sep-11 15:28:09

Hi ladies,
thank you so much for your replies, very kind of you.

There seems to be a lot of great things to do, can't wait for baby to arrive now!

The baby massage and yoga sounds good at Royston complimentary centre and will try baby signing too!

We are thinking of registering at The Orchard surgery, thanks for info.

XXX.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now