Meeting mums and mums to be in Cambridge!

(14 Posts)
littlemonkey50 Tue 21-Jun-11 20:39:24

Hello,
I live just south of Cambridge and I am three months pregnant and suffering! Had the usual morning sickness (or should I say all day sickness), hormones all over the place... I also have a one year old son and I'm feeling a little bit trapped in the home these days! My husband and I have lived in Cambs for two years, I've recently given up work to look after my son and I'm desperate to meet some mums to be or new mums in the area. Please let me know if anyone in or around the area fancies meeting up for coffee and chats...
x

AuntieBulgaria Sat 25-Jun-11 23:03:57

You could try bumps and babies the nct group at the Unitarian hall. here

Also rhyme time at the central library.

Tweetinat Wed 29-Jun-11 21:05:58

How south of Cambridge are you?!

ChoccyJules Mon 04-Jul-11 15:38:34

There's also a rhyme time group wednesday mornings at cherry hinton library which might suit your little boy.

And various groups at Homerton children centre (see online) who welcome people from out of the area as well as locals.

If you want to stand at the swings one afternoon let me know!

homeedmam11 Wed 06-Jul-11 13:37:50

Hi Choccyjules,

Would it be possible for you to give me the link to the Homerton centre, tried looking it up but cannot see it.

Mnay thanks.smile

ChoccyJules Wed 06-Jul-11 14:41:10

Yep here you are:

http://www.homerton.cambs.sch.uk/family_95.html

:-)

Rushmere Thu 07-Jul-11 12:16:28

Hi littlemonkey50. I've just moved to Cambridge from London and would be up for meeting for a coffee or maybe going to a group together. Are you able to get into town? I have a little boy, just about to turn 5 months old and was thinking of going to Little Acorns at St Lukes tomorrow, if you fancied coming along?

littlemonkey50 Sat 09-Jul-11 19:54:23

Hello. Thanks ChoccyJules. Rushmere, Sounds good to me! It takes me 15 minutes to drive in to Cambridge and my little boy is very well behaved (except when he's tired).
Tuesday's and some Friday's are the only days I can't do, so let me know what suits...
Is there anyone else that would like to join us?!

han2011 Thu 14-Jul-11 09:08:42

Hi! I have also just moved to central cambridge from London... am 3 months pregnant and have an 18 month old, so would definitely be keen to join in on any playgroup / playground meet ups that are going on!
Hannah

MoChan Thu 14-Jul-11 09:26:13

In south Cambridge there are a few good playgroups - not sure if they are within your specific area but Harston and Foxton are nice. Foxton is very friendly. I have a three year old who starts school in September so won't be doing this stuff any more.

There's a softplay session in Fowlmere one day of the week, too. Never been myself, but I have lots of friends who've gone in the past.

Sorry if this stuff is nowhere near you.

Rushmere Fri 15-Jul-11 14:37:47

Hi Hannah and Littlemonkey - so sorry for the silence, I wasn't able to get on line this week. I'm still up for getting together - how about next week? Maybe Thurs 21st?
I'll let you guys suggest an activity as you have bigger kids and I'm guessing my usual cake and coffee sessions aren't so good for them! Most groups seem to meet on Tues or Fridays, but I've been told there's a good music group at the Mayfield School on thursdays, although I can't find any trace of it online. Does anyone else know what time that is? Or we can just meet at Jesus Green for a walk if the weather is nice.
Gail

Rushmere Fri 15-Jul-11 14:39:30

Looking forward to meeting you both, btw! It's been a bit of a shock leaving my cosy group of mum friends in London ... G

camdancer Sat 16-Jul-11 19:32:47

www.cambridgeshirechildrenscentres.org.uk/display_centre.shtml?arbury# For the Thursday music group.

han2011 Wed 20-Jul-11 15:44:18

Hello! Sorry I have been terrible on getting online, and this week is a bit manic now but would be around for a walk / playground / playgroup trip next week if you are free? Feel free to send me a message (I'm not quite sure how to do that yet as a v novice mumsnetter) to arrange!
Hx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now