Bike needed urgently for 9yo boy with Aspergers to learn to ride on

(8 Posts)
MaryBS Fri 10-Jun-11 08:33:03

Hi all

DS has only recently shown an interest in learning to ride, and having the co-ordination to turn the pedals round. Starting Wednesday next week, cubs are going to be working towards their cycling badge, and it would be good if he could join in, but the bike would need to be simple to operate, and preferably green (he is obsessed with this colour).

Does anyone have one they could sell me please, with or without stabilisers? He isn't that tall for his age.

Thanks

Mary

LeninGrad Fri 10-Jun-11 08:39:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MaryBS Fri 10-Jun-11 08:40:40

That was one of my thoughts, thanks, and also Freegle. I don't mind paying for it, its just that DS has to like it, otherwise there's a good chance of a meltdown, and I'm keen to avoid that sad

LeninGrad Fri 10-Jun-11 08:43:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lancelottie Fri 10-Jun-11 12:55:59

Damn, just handed on our little green one. Will keep an eye out. Meanwhile, are you near enough to Sawston to try Owl Bikes (refurbished by local charity, lots to look at)?

MaryBS Fri 10-Jun-11 14:08:19

Thanks, am about 30 miles North of there. If you think they can help, it might be worth a trip, if not it'll have to be a new one, I think...

MaryBS Sat 11-Jun-11 12:03:11

Someone on Freecycle has offered us a bike smile smile smile, and kindly sent us a photo. DS likes it (a plus), although at the thought of going with us to fetch it, has just thrown a minor tantrum! Hmm... (and for some reason, DH wants me to go with him to hold his hand hmm, rather than go on his own - or I can go - so he's happy for me to meet a complete stranger (male)... )

MaryBS Fri 17-Jun-11 08:35:15

Well, we got the bike, but its slightly too big, and DS fell off and hurt his leg sad. If anyone has a 20" bike they'd like to sell, I'd be grateful...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now