Saffron Walden Nursery

(4 Posts)
HellesB Wed 25-May-11 20:47:32

Hi all, we are hoping to move to Saffron Walden very soon. My son is almost 2 and so we're looking for a pre-school/nursery. We're in Harlow now and there are loads which cost up to £10. per session.

Are there any that anyone would recommend in Saffron? I have heard Katherine Semar has a new one which looks great but none of them say what the fees are. Im also looking at Saffron Walden Nursery School but it says it's a charity so I don't know if we could go or what that means really?!!

I'm very excited about moving there so any advice/ information would be brilliant.
thanks
Helen

Ferncottage Fri 27-May-11 14:21:14

there are lots of preschools around - most don't take children until 2.5 and from 3 you will get government funding. If you want a nursery your have to pay more
Saffron Walden nursery school on Shire hill recently had a disciplinary issue with a member of staff
try the Katherine Semar - they'll tell you the fees if you ring up

HellesB Fri 10-Jun-11 10:32:18

great thanks for letting me know, i will look into katherine semar.
thanks;)

deviladvocate Fri 09-Sep-11 00:18:01

The new nursery next to Katherine Semar is Meadows Montessori and it's fantastic, they relocated there last year from the grounds of the Friends School in the town. They're now housed in a gorgeous purpose built nursery with some fab equipment. Two of my children have been to Meadows (middle child just started school this week so has only just finished there) It's expensive but so worth it! I'll be starting No. 3 there next year - they take children from age 2 and it's a day nursery so all year not just term time. Parking is a little bit of a faff if you have to be there at school run time but I just timed my pick up/drop off to avoid the congestion.

Their website is http://www.montessorimeadows.co.uk/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now