Hairdressers... ?

(18 Posts)
MoChan Thu 12-May-11 14:00:35

Could anyone recommend a hairdresser in central Cambridge or south Cambs/Royston area? Haven't cut my hair since DD was born (YEARS ago) and don't know where to start. Doesn't have to be trendy, just reliable, I guess.

Thanks x

frazzled09 Thu 12-May-11 20:04:01

I went to Sarah-Louise at Hair.co.uk on Green St for about 5 years - I've only stopped because I can't get into town as easily now.

cazzybabs Thu 12-May-11 20:07:32

I go to Elije (off Hills rd opposite the leisure park) but it is pricey (I think I nearly died when she told me it was £50 and SHE told me off for not going for a long time _- humm I am not selling it am I. I was a fab haircut)

MoChan Thu 12-May-11 20:59:18

Thank you, both.

I am a bit afraid of being told off by ANY hairdresser.

prepares to bite bullet

cbmum Fri 13-May-11 21:28:16

Try Nick at Scruffs. About £45. Not scary or patronising. He's got a young niece who he's very proud of and seems to do lots of mums given my last conversation with him when I had my hair cut!

lovecorrie Fri 13-May-11 21:36:22

Or Garry at Scruffs - I've been going to him for nearly 20 years - he is fantastic! He costs £65 for a cut and blow dry but it's wonderful and if I can't afford to go back for a while, it's soooo incredibly well cut that it really doesn't matter.

cbmum Sun 15-May-11 08:36:57

I agree Scruffs is well worth the money. Plus their new premises are very swish!

lovecorrie Sun 15-May-11 08:50:19

oh yes, lovely! Just a bit of a bum parking nearby!

astragirl Sun 15-May-11 09:28:28

I would recommend Reeds in central Cambridge. Very friendly, and most of the girls have worked there for 8 years! I've been there 3 times now and always come out feeling good even tho I'm an over 40 , overweight mother of 3!! grin reedshair.com

EldonAve Sun 15-May-11 09:43:53

Archers in Royston

changeroo Sun 15-May-11 18:06:30

I've gone to Ali at Third Generation in Melbourn. She's done a great job and knows her stuff. At £25 for cut and blow dry I was amazed and can go back as often as I want, rather than thinking about the cost of a £50 Cambridge cut.

MoChan Sun 15-May-11 20:04:08

Thanks for all the suggestions, this is great!

LaCerbiatta Mon 16-May-11 11:53:47

Also like Reeds.

neolara Thu 19-May-11 00:00:54

My ds had the worst haircut I've ever seen in my entire life at Elije just off HIlls Road. Literally chunks of hair hacked off, fringe in a crescent moon shape, wings on each side of his head of differing length, chunks of his hair at the back a good inch shorter than the rest. Had to take him somewhere else for it to be repaired. The hairdresser was horrified.

I go the Toni and Guys in Cambridge and have my hair cut by Stacey who IMO is fantastic. About £50 though.

GrendelsMum Sun 22-May-11 20:09:04

Lulu at Hairy Canary in the town centre can cut very stylish hair, but she can also cut very practical hair, IYSWIM - i.e. she has a good idea about what you're actually going to do every morning to style it and will discourage you from having something that you can't actually manage.

Colourworld Tue 24-May-11 09:33:32

Trim Set in Cherry Hinton used to be all right but last time my hairdresser had dirty combs and this puts me off going there again.

funnybumblebee Tue 24-May-11 15:49:05

Go and see Andy at Bamboo on Mill Road- such a wonderful head massage... And he's rather attractive!

homeedmam11 Tue 12-Jul-11 12:06:04

I know a good mobile HD who is lovely if you prefer that.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now