Independent Schools near Mirfield

(4 Posts)
ilovehumous Mon 03-Apr-17 09:05:52

Hi All, we're relocating to Mirfield from the Middle East and we're hoping for recommendations for good independent schools nearby. Small class size and a friendly atmosphere is important. Our son is 7 and has never lived in the UK so we want he transition to be as easy as possible for him. Thanks all!

staveleymum Mon 24-Apr-17 13:49:29

Hi there

My 2 attend a lovely independent school in Hipperholme (Hipperholme Grammar Junior School). It has a really friendly feel to it, small class sizes (max 20) and access to resources of the senior school (sports hall and IT suite, music room, etc). About 100 kids in junior school total so kids know most kids not just thouse in their year group.

Not sure if you know the area but it's probably about a 15 minute drive from Mirfield (via Brighouse). The Head is great, my DD will think nothing of running up to her and giving her a hug in the playground and I

Alternatives from Mirfield are The Mount at Huddersfield but I cant vouch for it.

ilovehumous Mon 24-Apr-17 14:24:34

That's great to hear as Hipperholme Junior is our choice! He is starting in year 2 tomorrow.
I plan to go to the Thursday coffee morning so I might catch up with you to say hi if you're there!

staveleymum Mon 24-Apr-17 16:25:05

My DD is in year 2! I will be at the coffee morning so I'll definitely see you around ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now