Hello, is anybody out there????

(36 Posts)
chocoholicfrog Wed 25-Jul-07 12:30:45

Is there anyone else from this part of the world?
Hoping someone will join me soon

chocoholicfrog Sat 04-Aug-07 13:37:33

I'm still here!!

I know it isn't the most attractive town in the world but surely someone else lives near here.

CharlieLB Tue 07-Aug-07 17:06:02

Hi! I live in Marlow

I'm 29 weeks preggers and am expecting a little girl.

Charlie

sweets154 Mon 13-Aug-07 08:59:29

Just registered. Can't believe it's so quiet but I'm here!!!

GB66 Mon 13-Aug-07 16:59:32

I'm in Flackwell Heath, just moved back to the UK after living in the States for 3 years! I have a 2 year old boy.

sweets154 Mon 13-Aug-07 18:11:37

OOh! I'm in FH too. I have a 9 week old son.

chocoholicfrog Thu 16-Aug-07 11:40:23

Oh I'm so glad I'm not on my own here.
GB, I think I have met you (never happened before to me on MN!!). Were you at the Wooburn toddler group? I was there one week with my friend who was selling books.
Hope you are all settled in now.

I have a 20mth old DS who is going through a testing phase. I'm willing the school hols to end so that everywhere goes back to being quiet again and I can take him out more.

How is life with a 9 week old Sweets? Had any sleep yet??

Congrats to you Charlie. What is your due date?

sweets154 Fri 17-Aug-07 08:19:32

sleep not too bad - feeds a lot in the night but goes back down well, probably helped by co-sleeping - i'm bfing in my sleep!!

our post-natal group was planning to pop in to the wooburn toddler group (in the church next to Odyssey?) as a convenient place to keep meeting.

GB66 Fri 17-Aug-07 19:32:57

Hi Chocoholicfrog, yes you did meet me, and I saw Jo a couple of weeks ago at St Pauls. We are more settled now and I know what you mean about the school hols ending! I went to Jungle Mania and it was crazy!
GB

mummette Mon 20-Aug-07 20:48:48

Hi

Another one has joined!
I have a 20 month girl and live in marlow bottom.

Very cute in the day but teething loads this last month so forgotten what a full night's sleep is recently!

sweets154 Sat 01-Sep-07 11:07:24

Wow! That makes 4 of us! DH has just taken DS off my hands for a couple of hours which is quite a relief after two nights of him waking almost hourly - think that's teeth too. He seems to be generating so many bubbles that he looks like he has rabies! LOL!

chocoholic Tue 11-Sep-07 10:46:31

So there are people out there really!! smile

I seem to get through bottles & bottles of calpol with the teething thing. (That's just to knock me out so I don't hear him!!grin)

We went to Marlow yesterday & it was lovely to have the playground back. Hooray for school.

sweets154 Wed 19-Sep-07 14:40:53

Sat here with a streaming cold but fortunately ds is still healthy and being gentle with me!

That playground in Marlow is very popular. Not surprising as it is lovely.

misstimms Sat 03-Nov-07 20:54:10

Hello everyone. I live in Wooburn Green with DH, DS who is nearly 4 & DD who is 16mths. Haven't met anybody really and we've been here a year sad

Guess we need to get out more!

chocoholic Tue 13-Nov-07 13:32:51

Hi misstimms,
Where were you before Wooburn? Have you tried some of the classes and playgroups out and about round Wooburn? Esp with your DD. I love Jacqu in the Box and she seems to do classes all over now.

GB66 Tue 13-Nov-07 15:15:03

Hi Misstimms, Have you been to the Cheeky Monkey Music Club on Mondays at St Paul's Church in Wooburn? They have one at 9.30 and 11.00, I take my 2.5yr DS to the 11am session.

sweets154 Wed 14-Nov-07 14:44:41

Hi misstimms, Surestart do a buggywalk from Wooburn Green on Wednesdays at 10am - just turn up. They also do Sign and Rhyme at the Meadows School at 2pm on Thursdays - again just turn up. Both free. they have a timetable but I seem to have misplaced it and can't find the phone number but if you ring the local Surestart and ask to speak to Pauline McDougall (coordinator) then she should be able to add you to the database and let you know of stuff going on in the area.

misstimms Tue 27-Nov-07 10:16:06

Hi everyone - thanks for the answers! We moved from London to here, mostly to be closer to both sets of grandparents. Didn't really met anyone in london and all my friends were without children so sort of fell off the social radar a bit.

Could I take DS(nearly 4)to the music club on mondays?

sweets154 Tue 27-Nov-07 16:27:01

hi Misstimms, the info I have says Cheeky Monkeys music club on a Monday in Wooburn Green is for 1-7 year olds so it would prob be fine to take ds. The website for further info is www.cheekymonkeymusicclub.co.uk . I have just been sent a load of stuff about local classes/groups from the Buckingshire Children's Information Service 0800 328 3317 which might be useful to you too.

lindseyk Fri 11-Jul-08 13:05:59

Hello its my first time ever doing this! Looks like fun though. I am in Beaconsfield with a 6 month old daughter. When is the wooburn green toddler group and what is on during the summer hols, its going to be a very long summer at this rate as everything seems to stop next week.

Jacqinthebox Tue 07-Oct-08 00:01:13

Check out *www.jacqinthebox.com for all my latest fun drop-in musical sessions for 0 to 4 years plus new "Sporty Tots" for walkers to 4 years and Drama and music for 2 and a half to 6 years of age.

Loads of different drop-in and pay as you go sessions to choose from in High Wycombe area:

Downley on Tuesdays, Great Missenden on Fridays and and close by in Amersham Thursday mornings and afternoons.

I love running these sessions! Been doing it for over 9 years now and no two days are ever the same!
Wow I must be the luckiest person to have such a truly fun time watching all the children's innocent little faces as they play their instruments and march and clap and dance and march or bounce up and down!And this is work??!!winksmile

Flutterbye Thu 09-Oct-08 16:47:32

I've been on mumsnet for a while but only just found the local stuff. We're in Stokenchurch HP14 and I have boy of 4 and girl of 2.

JamAm Wed 26-Nov-08 09:20:23

Hi there,
Im in Amersham, is anyone else? Doesn't seem to be too much activity in this neck of the woods.
Ive got a 2 yo and another on the way next May.

Wallaroo Wed 26-Nov-08 09:39:00

Hi I'm in Wendover. We've only just moved here from Cyprus, I don't know the area or anybody living here. I have a DD of 5, a DS of 3 and one due in Feb. I might come along to the Great Missenden class on Friday Jacqui, sounds lovely!

MrsMcWardy Wed 10-Dec-08 17:39:06

Hi, I've just moved here too, we're just outside Hyde Heath. Have a DD of 3 and a DD of 10 months, I've been looking for something to take the DS to whilst DD is at pre-school, will definitely come along on Friday.
Thanks Sweets154, I saw your post and rang the Bucks service, they were really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now