HELP - lost school bear!!

(10 Posts)
fingersinpies Mon 30-Oct-17 14:19:59

Hello all,

I’m turning to you to ask for help!

Yesterday our family stopped in Chenies (on the way back from Brighton) and had a (bloody delicious) Sunday roast at the Red Lion. Then we went for a walk in the fields behind.

My daughter had her year 1 class bear, Bobo, with us who she’d brought home for the 1/2 term hols. He dutifully watched us all eat, then came with us on our stroll around the beautiful Bucks countryside.

However, when we got home (we’re in North Herts) - he was GONE!

I have a pic of A with Bobo one the way back, so he can’t be far away from the pub - 2 fields at the most.

Does anybody walk that way, or planning on going there? If we lived closer we’d be there in a flash but if anyone local is planning on walking that route, can you please keep an eye out for a very lonely looking, small, beige bear, with jointed arms and legs and a little beige bow?

I have a very very sad year 1 class waiting for him to come back from his ‘holidays’ (😬) so they can take him home...

(I’ve emailed the pub but no reply yet)

HELP! I’ve heard of the magic of the M-net, so I’m hoping you can work it for us - what with tomorrow being all about spells and whatnot, maybe we’ll have some Halloween luck?

Thanks in advance...🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

FunnyBird Mon 30-Oct-17 16:01:45

Try contacting Chenies school too. Some of the parents walk their dogs in the area and drop off and pickup. I'm sure they'd be sympathetic to a missing class near.

FunnyBird Mon 30-Oct-17 16:02:07

*bear, obvs.

FunnyBird Mon 30-Oct-17 16:06:40

I've put a message out to parents of 2 year groups, hope someone finds it.

fingersinpies Mon 30-Oct-17 16:40:12

Amazing - thank you!

fingersinpies Mon 30-Oct-17 17:00:26

FunnyBird - Is there a way I can send a pic to you/put one on here?

FunnyBird Mon 30-Oct-17 18:17:46

You can attach pictures to posts. Maybe not from the app, but there's a paperclip below where I'm typing. Not sure it would help, there can't be many missing bears behind the Red Lion in Chenies...
If someone sees one, it's probably the right one.

fingersinpies Mon 30-Oct-17 21:33:52

True...😂

FunnyBird Tue 31-Oct-17 11:57:53

Well, I went for a little walk behind the Red Lion this morning, but no luck.
I did spot a helicopter hovering overhead, so I guess you've sent the professionals out to search? wink
I bumped into a local walking her dog, and she said she'd look out for it. And maybe drop it into the Red Lion if she found it.
And I've obviously blown my Mumsnet cover to anyone local who's reading this thread.
Sorry I didn't find him... sad

fingersinpies Tue 31-Oct-17 12:17:56

Thank you for looking! Am going to check both local pubs, so we’ll see...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now