Warm swimming pools in Bucks/Herts/Beds for taking baby swimming

(9 Posts)
INeedNewShoes Mon 16-Oct-17 23:48:10

Title says it all really!

I want to take my baby swimming but she's a wuss and likes her water warm! Can anyone recommend a warm pool in the Chilterns/Aylesbury Vale/Berkhamsted/Leighton Buzzard area?

NorksandSpencer Tue 17-Oct-17 17:44:05

The hydrotherapy pool at booker park special needs School used to be used for lessons by a swim School called dolphin. Not sure if it’s still them. Pool is perfect for younger kids. No good once they’re proficient swimmers because it’s too shallow

NorksandSpencer Tue 17-Oct-17 17:44:36

Should have said that’s in aylesbury near stoke mandeville hosp

LooksLikeImStuckHere Tue 17-Oct-17 19:48:00

The Aylesbury pool is ok but not massively warm. I've found Coral Reef in Bracknell and Windsor the best for warmth but probably too far from you.

Private lessons may be more easy to find warm pools. Maple wood at Downley in HW is very warm and they do baby lessons there?

ButIDontHaveTheRightShoes Wed 18-Oct-17 18:49:17

Woodrow High House near Amersham

Any of the venues for Seriously Fun Swimming

Those are both for lessons. I never found a public swimming pool with warm enough water for my DC when they were small. They always came out blue.

INeedNewShoes Wed 18-Oct-17 19:28:20

That's what I'm finding Shoes and it really just doesn't seem worth committing to a term of lessons for a 5 month old!

I might see if I can get a trial gym pass for a local gym with a baby pool.

NewPapaGuinea Tue 31-Oct-17 22:32:03

Princes Risborough pool is nice and warm. Took my DS (4 months at the time) there during school holidays when his swimming lessons weren't on.

INeedNewShoes Tue 31-Oct-17 22:50:12

Thank you New - this sounds like the best option. It's a nice drive from here too. I'll give it a go in the next week or so.

TooCuteByFar Sun 26-Nov-17 19:15:56

Unless it has changed the pool used by seriously fun Teikyo was freezing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now