Moving to Great Missenden ( I hope)

(10 Posts)
CFH123 Thu 31-Mar-16 16:26:20

Hi All, We are looking at moving to Great Missenden this summer. I have a 3.5 year old and a 1.5 year old and will be giving up work when we move out.
Are there lots of stay at home mums in the area? Just wondering how easy it will be to meet people!
Any recommended toddler groups? Or even outdoor fitness groups where you can take a toddler along?
Many thanks

Fvle2012 Wed 11-May-16 14:11:38

Hello, not sure if you heard back from anyone but plenty to do in GM and lots of groups to help you settle. We moved here a year and a half ago and I have a little girl whose just turned 4. Dance classes, toddler groups, sports....just depends what you are in to.

hannahhanjy Mon 03-Jul-17 13:48:49

I know this is a year later, but... How did you find said toddler groups?!
And I'm looking for a cleaner too...
We moved from S London and had a brilliant FB group with lots of participants helping out, but now I feel like I haven't found an equivalent to help and I'm floundering with google searching!

KimMullard Fri 14-Jul-17 15:31:32

Did anyone get back to you Hannah? I don't know much about childcare as we don't use anyone yet... however certainly know of sine great groups locally I'm in Naphill

polkydot Sun 16-Jul-17 13:58:10

Hi Hannah and Kim, I moved to Walters Ash 6 months ago, have a 2.5 yr old and a 4 month old. We go to some great groups, but also always looking to find out about more!

KimMullard Sun 16-Jul-17 18:28:02

Only prob is some of them finish for summer holidays but one of the places I go to are arranging some other activities phew did you want details? It's more high wycombe way but lovely groups

Hartbeepsinbucks Sun 16-Jul-17 21:31:48

There is a Facebook page called Prestwood & Great Missenden Parents and one called Your Prestwood.

Hartbeeps runs in Prestwood (just up the hill - couldn't get a venue in Missenden) on Thursdays in term time and in other local towns.
www.hartbeeps.com

The toddler groups in Prestwood and GM are both brilliant too. They both have facebook pages. (Prestwood Toddlers and Great Missenden Toddlers)

Welcome to the area!

Hartbeepsinbucks Sun 16-Jul-17 21:33:40

Forgot to say - Hartbeeps are running classes in Amersham through the holidays if you don't mind travelling a little.

www.bookwhen.com/hartbeepscaroline

You can book all four weeks or single weeks - whatever suits.
(Happy House will be the best class if you have one walker and one not)

KimMullard Mon 17-Jul-17 06:51:34

Must admit not tried heartbeeps but loved baby sensory whilst he was young enough for it. Might try it but I'm back to work so harder with toddler

Hartbeepsinbucks Mon 17-Jul-17 09:04:38

Always fine to bring a toddler and baby/younger sibling to Hartbeeps. Best to take both to the Happy House. they have such a great time together and it's a lovely bonding experience with the biggest bringing stuff over for littler one and helping you to help them play etc. Really beautiful. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now