Any areas of Chesham to avoid?

(7 Posts)
Chaby Sun 24-May-15 18:43:30

Hoping to tap in to a bit of local knowledge!

We are planning to move to Chesham and have started viewing houses.

Went to one today on Alexander Street, house nice but street not great, and local police stats show lots of anti social behaviour reports. Does anyone live around that street and are there any issues?

Does anyone else think there are any parts of Chesham to avoid / or ones you recommend. Must be walking distance to station and schools/ nurseries are important.

Thanks in advance!

Chaby Mon 25-May-15 10:50:05

anyone from Chesham?smile

Chaby Mon 25-May-15 14:24:14

Hopeful for a response...bumping

Yola7 Fri 29-May-15 17:49:26

I used to live in Severalls Avenue, which is next to Alexander Street. We never had any problems and the schools are good in the area.

Chaby Mon 01-Jun-15 17:34:19

Thanks Yola7! We have been back a couple of times and like the area so hope to find a house soon

elfride Tue 09-Jun-15 15:01:02

I hear that the Pond Park estate is not great, and nor are some areas of Waterside. We looked at a few houses in Chesham, including one in Severalls Avenue that I loved (it went well over asking and needed more work than we could really do with two tiny children and work). There are lots of good schools - Elmtree is absolutely lovely, and I think Newtown and Brushwood are also supposed to be good. Little Spring (or something) isn't doing so well. I really like Chesham - I think it's a great area to buy in. The only negative things you hear about it are that it isn't Amersham (but then neither is the price tag).

elfride Tue 09-Jun-15 15:01:16

negative thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now