Nurseries in Gerrards Cross

(7 Posts)
pkaur02 Fri 05-Dec-14 14:04:15

Hello,

We are looking to move to Gerrards Cross but finding it impossible to find a nursery in the area. The closest ones seem to be in Chalfonts. Does anyone have any pointers or information for us?

Also does anyone have any thoughts on Gerrards cross vs Seer Green vs Beaconsfield in terms of houses, commute to london, childcare and schools etc

Thanks

Somethingtodo Tue 09-Dec-14 23:51:41

Depends if you intend private or state schools - so would or would not require to be in catchment? Beaconsfield much more desirable and therefore expensive than GX - (note the difference in shops and restaurants quality and quantity). If you want a suburban experience GX or Beaconsfield - nothing between them (except house prices) wrt commute - few more minutes on train and in fact Beaconsfield better placed for M25/M40/M4 access. If you want a more semi rural experience look at Seer Green and Jordans villages - both have excellent schools and close community.

pkaur02 Fri 12-Dec-14 10:22:18

Thanks Sometingtodo. We will only be looking at schools hence have to be in catchment. Have a daughter. Any suggestions?

Somethingtodo Fri 12-Dec-14 10:43:15

All the primary schools in GX, Jordans, Beaconsfield & Seer Green are excellent - go visit and see which ones work for you on a gut/instinctive level...then focus you search from there. As I said above Beaconsfield is seen as the more desirable one (see diff in house prices and restaurants and shops) - although personally I dont really see it - there are no children's playground, no green space, no leisure centre, no cinema - which GX has in spades as well as the beautiful common. Think you get more for your money in GX. All have very strong family communities etc - people tend to stay in the area. Also re nurseries being "far away" in The Chalfonts from GX - that is just country living -- The Chalfonts are close to GX (1 mile?) - they are all small places and you always need to travel to different villages for different things.

Somethingtodo Sat 13-Dec-14 15:15:58

www.msn.com/en-gb/money/homes-propertysection/britains-most-expensive-market-town/ss-BBghxu7?ocid=UP97DHP

interesting article

achmred Mon 15-Dec-14 17:19:30

Nuffy nursery, stoke poges
banana moon, stoke poges

AnnabelRichards Fri 09-Jan-15 12:02:10

Hi! We are moving into the area from Dubai in April. I am trying to sort out schools/nurseries for my 3 children aged 3 (girl) and twin 2-year-olds (girl and boy). I wondered if anyone has their kids at, or has experience of, Chalfont Park Day Nursery which is owned by Buttercups (based at Chalfont Park Industrial Park)... It seems to be one of the only nurseries I can find in Gerarrd's Cross that opens till 6pm. Are there any others that come highly recommended? Many thanks in advance for your help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now