Starting up a Greek Speaking Group for children in Bucks

(4 Posts)
aravis333 Wed 12-Mar-14 11:59:34

Hello Mummies! I'm looking into starting an after school playgroup for children aged 3-7, approximately (but not exclusively).
I'm bilingual, have dual nationality and was born and raised in Greece (to a British mum, Greek dad). I'm back in the UK now, and want to continue encouraging my children to speak Greek. My eldest, 5 and a half, is at a good age to start learning the basics.
My idea is to start off with a playgroup, (free play, craft, story, singing), and around summer start introducing reading and writing in Greek. I do have some experience in teaching, so would be happy to organize/co-ordinate the playgroup.
Otherwise, any Greek families in the area?
I'm based in HP5.
Hope to hear back from other mums!

CBaber Wed 26-Mar-14 20:21:50

Yes, very keen - I'm Mama to almost-5-year-old twins (boy & girl).

I live in High Wycombe (HP13).

Sorry for this very short message - I just finished writing a very long one introducing me & my family to you - sadly Mumsnet crashed just before I sent it and I can't quite face writing it all up again.

[EMAIL ADDRESS REMOVED BY MNHQ]

Hope to hear from you soon,
Many thanks,
Xristina

aravis333 Fri 28-Mar-14 15:01:56

Hi Xristina,
I've emailed you with my details. I also asked mumsnet to take your email off the post so you don't get spam etc. To other readers : DO NOT POST PERSONAL DETAILS ON PUBLIC FORUMS Send a private message instead. wink Thanks!

aravis333 Thu 03-Apr-14 19:40:47

Just a shout out will be starting Greek Group for kids Thursday 24th April 4.45pm-6.00pm. IM for more details!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now