Moving to marlow, Windsor or area, advice needed on schools for reception to age 11,!

(1 Post)
clairEM21 Sun 23-Feb-14 22:13:29

Help! We are currently considering moving back to the south as my husband needs to spend much more of his time in London. We thought the Marlow, Windsor area looked very nice on a recent trip but need much more that a pretty town! I have 3 children, boy, girl, boy, currently in reception, year 3 and year 5, finding a school for them within a reasonable distance of home (wherever that may turn out to be) is my number one priority. At the moment they all attend a great independent school that would take them right through to 6th form. I'd ideally like to find something similar, I'm guessing finding a place for all 3 of them in a decent state school will be an impossible task, (as it was when we moved to a relatively quiet area in the north and is why they all ended up at an independent school) I'd be more than happy for them to attend a grammar school, but as I keep reading, 70% don't pass the 11+ so I wouldn't want that to be my only option. Any advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated, I feel like I have an impossible task ahead of me! Ideally I'd pick up my life and drop it on the outskirts of London! Good school, sports facilities, nice town, Ballet school, good park... I don't want much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now