Caterers for christening

(11 Posts)
Jackie1711 Tue 25-Aug-09 11:09:39

Hiya, can anyone suggest a good (and reasonably priced) caterer ? Thinking of one getting one for our christening.

Thanks !!

davinaroma Sun 25-Apr-10 10:52:00

Hi Jackie

If you're looking for cakes for your christening party, may I suggest Bella's Cupcakes based in Chislehurst (they have a unit at Wrattens on Chislehurst High Street where you can look at some of their displays, but they also have a website at www.bellas-cupcakes.co.uk). Would highly recommend - and do lovely 'proper' cakes too if cupcakes aren't your thing!

Greenshadow Thu 03-Feb-11 22:59:25

Bumping as I am not local but looking for some caterers to provide a buffet lunch for a family gathering in the Bromley area.

Any recomendations gratefully received.

Thanks

MrsOCD Tue 08-Feb-11 14:06:13

We thought about caterers for our dc's christening but v expensive. Instead we used Sainsburys party platters. Don't dismiss it till you check it out! Look online. Our guests - around 30 of them - were very impressed.

Greenshadow Wed 09-Feb-11 15:15:40

Thanks MrsOCD - will certainly have a look.
Had looked at Waitrose, but seemed pretty expensive - maybe Sainsburys will be better value.

HappyAsIAm Wed 02-Mar-11 12:37:55

There is a little bistro on Beckenham high street (near the bookshop and M&S Simply Food) that does catering. They did a naming ceremony that I went to a couple of years ago. Excellent food, but I don't know what it cost.

Greenshadow Wed 02-Mar-11 17:23:51

Do you know the name Happy as I don't live locally and can't just pop in?

thoroughlymodernmilly Thu 03-Mar-11 15:03:18

Hi Greenshadow - it's called Le Traiteur, very nice indeed (at least, the take out food is!) - here's their website: [[http://www.cuisinegroup.co.uk]..

Good luck!

Greenshadow Fri 04-Mar-11 09:26:31

Thanks Milly.

margs2 Fri 11-Mar-11 06:54:54

Clare's Cuisine are excellent we got their details from Ripley Arts Centre and used them for our wedding in November. You should be able to find them via Google if you need to.

MissCoop Mon 27-Jun-11 22:59:43

My sisters have a small catering company in crystal palace www.cooperskitchen.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now