Usborne Books

(8 Posts)
melody30 Mon 15-Sep-08 21:41:47

Anyone want to earn some extra money for xmas - at home - without getting rid of the kids SELL USBORNE BOOKS!

melody30 Sat 20-Sep-08 17:35:51

I will be at the St James pre school coffee morning on tuesday morning next week, and then at the NCT 'M' group on Monday 29th September, the week after. Joining is free this month - get in touch or come and see me! x

FrockHorror Sat 20-Sep-08 17:39:56

Hi Melody, I'm already signed up but where abouts in Bromley are you?

melody30 Sun 21-Sep-08 09:47:20

beckenham - where are you?

FrockHorror Sun 21-Sep-08 13:32:53

Penge lol. How are you finding it?

I only joined up last week so am still finding my feet. I've approached a few primary schools in the area and am waiting to hear back from a couple of local toddler groups/nurseries nearby.

I've got my first party booked for next Saturday but so far, the turn out is pretty poor. Still, I've only got £14 to go to the magic £100 so I might end up doing it myself if there are no more takers.

melody30 Sun 21-Sep-08 19:10:43

I joined in July - am working with royston primary where I was the deputy until last easter. Have approached churchfields and sure start with no joy so I shall leave penge to you!

I am enjoying it a lot - so good to have something to do other than talk babies all day. I have done about 4 or 5 events - mostly parties for friends. Am also doing a community Book pledge for Royston where local businesses have given money to the school for books - this has gone well. I have a good relationship with some local soft play centres too.

How did you decided to sign up? I need recruits what a shame!!

FrockHorror Sun 21-Sep-08 19:37:57

I signed up with LittleLapin, bless her. I had zillions of questions and she was wonderful in explaining all the details to me. I decided to go for it in the end and so far, I have done ok. Just the dreaded first party to do!

I too approached Churchfields. I know it is out of my "area" but DD used to go to the nursery there so thought it might be worth a try. I also approached James Dixon, St. Anthony's and Stewart Fleming as I have links with them all. I don't drive so they are fairly local to me and if anything comes off, at least I'll be able to get myself there with all my stuff.

I would be happy to chat to you off MN about it, especially as we are local to each other. I wouldn't like to tread on your toes, now I know there is someone else close by. All the while I think I'm alone round here, it doesn't seem so bad! It would also be interesting to find out where you go/your regular spots, so as I don't waste my time approaching them. Like I said, I don't want to tread on toes!

Please feel free to email me on clare.usbornebooks@googlemail.com if you fancy a chat about it all.

melody30 Sun 21-Sep-08 22:11:13

I think it would be a good idea to trade places so that we do not tred on each others toes - don't want people to get peeded off with the usborne lot!! Will email you soon x melody.berthoud@hotmail.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now