First hospital check up

(7 Posts)
louleey Fri 08-Jun-07 17:21:45

Hi, i wonder if anybody can help. I am 10 weeks pregnant and have been refered by my Dr to Farnborough Hospital. Can anybody that has also been refered there tell me when they had their very first appointment where they take blood test etc?

Many thanks x

bambi06 Thu 28-Jun-07 13:33:10

12 weeks and that was taken at the beckenham hospital where i had the booking in appt with midwife

margosbeenplayingwithmynoonoo Thu 05-Jul-07 22:36:07

12 weeks

JudithS Mon 23-Jul-07 21:54:16

Hello, Louleey. I had my first appointment at Farnborough Hospital at 15 weeks. I did not have to wait long but the appointment lasted about 45 minutes. They ask for lots of information about yours and your husband's/boyfriend's family's health, so make sure to ask him, because I hadn't a clue!

They take some blood to test for HIV, one form or other of Hepatitis, your blood group, your Rubella immunity (even if you tell them you already know these!) and for anaemia. You get the results at the next appointment.

They kept calling me by my first name, which I found intimidating -- I kept having to ask them not to.

They do not give you much information and they flatly refused to discuss where the birth might be. Also they referred me for midwife appointments at my GP's without asking if that was what I want.

kezzakezza Sat 08-Sep-07 17:52:43

since i had had my appointment with the midwifes at 10 weeks i've not heard a dicky bird. (which i had at home) i've got my 23 week scan next week so i'm hoping they'll be in contact shortly after. i know they said i wouldn't see them for a while but i'm geting worried now!! i'm not feeling very clued up and feel like i don't know what's going to happen! (pregnancy jitters! haha) all i was told at 10 weeks is i could opt for a home birth, then they took lots of blood!hmm

cornflakemummie Thu 27-Sep-07 04:02:26

Isn't it odd how they treat us all differently at the same hospital? I asked at my booking in appt for a home birth and so now have to have an appt with the consultant to be allowed!

AppleHEAD Sat 16-Aug-08 08:08:49

I would have freaked out if they had called me anything but by my first name.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now