Dropped kerb

(6 Posts)
Patry Tue 21-Feb-17 11:24:50

Has anybody had one done?
I would like to know roughly how much the council are likely to charge. I kno they give you a quote after you apply but I'm sure prices are similar for all houses. I don't want to apply without having a very rough estimate of how much it is likely to cost.
TIA

Writemove Tue 21-Feb-17 14:53:32

I'm nearby and the council charged £1220 to drop the kerb. It was very expensive for half a day's work! The bigger headache was the fact we got rejected three times. We had to appeal with diagrams to prove that it wouldn't impact on traffic. Good luck

Patry Wed 22-Feb-17 07:19:30

Thank you very much. That's really helpful. I expected it to be that expensive - a ridiculous way to make money isn't it?
And wooow! Three times. I reckon they will refuse me at first too.

Writemove Wed 22-Feb-17 07:47:41

We'd almost given up hope! So when they said we could hand then £1200 we were happy! It also took about six weeks from getting the drive done to then actually dropping the kerb. You have to be careful about drainage. You can't just tarmac over the area these days. We have sand then tiles. The appeal letters were so time consuming. They kept saying it would impact on parking spaces in the road - yes, in a good way! I don't know what they thought we were going to do with the drive. They also refused because we had a dropped kerb at the back of the property, but so do all the other houses in the area so we did a Google earth map with arrows to show them everyone had both. Persevere though because it's totally worth it

BromleyMama Mon 27-Feb-17 19:28:52

They charged us about 2k and it took them several weeks to finish the job. They would show up for a couple of hours, leave and then not come back for days.
It then took several more weeks before they moved the old parking space outside so we still got people parking over the dropped kerb and blocking us in 🙄

Patry Thu 02-Mar-17 09:01:59

Wow Bromley Mama
That is inefficient - whilst not surprising from Bromley council.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now