Moving to Petts Wood

(7 Posts)
Walker171 Sat 18-Feb-17 22:06:52

Hi. I'm thinking of moving to Petts Wood, but concerned at what Secondary Schools I would get my Son into? I would like Ravenswood? Has anybody got a son at Secondary School and lives in Petts Wood? Thank you.

FrenchNative Sat 18-Feb-17 23:23:55

Most of the Petts Wood boys I know go/went to Ravebswood. Some gi to Darrick Wood if close enough, or St Olave's if they pass the test. One chise Kemnal over Ravenswood.

FrenchNative Sat 18-Feb-17 23:24:22

Sorry about the typos!

PostofficeTower Sun 19-Feb-17 00:53:04

Other secondary schools attended by pupils in Petts Wood are Ravensbourne and Bishop Justus. Ravenswood catchment has gone out quite far in the last couple of years - about 3 miles if I recall, so you should get in from Petts Wood. Here is the secondary applications booklet for 2017 covering schools in the Bromley borough. It gives details about the schools and their catchments over the last 3 years www.bromley.gov.uk/download/downloads/id/1948/moving_on_to_secondary_education_in_bromley_2017_booklet.pdf

MulberryJam Sun 19-Feb-17 09:25:11

My DS (now in year 8) was offered Ravenswood, and we live further away from it than Petts Wood.

Petts Wood is lovely, and in about a month will be street upon street of gorgeous pink blossom trees!

Walker171 Sun 19-Feb-17 10:53:44

Thank you all for your positive feedback. We are viewing more houses today in Petts Wood. Hopefully one of them is the one!

PettsWoodMum Sun 19-Feb-17 15:41:26

Petts Wood is a great place to live. DD is now in Y7 and very happy but as it is an all girls school that won't help you out! I have friends with DSs at Ravenswood and they rate it. St Olaves is very popular but it is hard to get into. I know boys and girls who go to Chislehurst and Sidcup grammar and each of the two Dartford grammars and girls who go to Townley and Weald of Kent, there are a range of direct coaches from Petts Wood to Dartford and Townley. Children from PW can end up at a huge variety of secondary schools, most of them good or fantastic. I have lived in PW all my life so if you have any specific questions do just ask. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now