Good family GP/health centre in Petts Wood?

(4 Posts)
FairFeronia Tue 10-Nov-15 15:28:41

We're moving to Petts Wood next month and I'm keen to get us registered with a local GP practice/health centre straight away as we have a 9 month old daughter.

Any recommendations for which practices are good in the area?

Many thanks.

Teaonthebeach Wed 11-Nov-15 06:48:47

I really like ours, it's Ballater Surgery on Chislehurst Road. They have an excellent email triage service so you so can email probs overnight and they'll ring you back in the morning - saves hanging on the 'phone all morning.

However, they are nearer Orpington and not centrally in PW so depends where you're moving to and whether you need to be walkable to the surgery.

HTH

PettsWoodMum Thu 12-Nov-15 18:10:58

Well done on choosing Petts Wood, it is a great place to live. GP surgeries however are not the best. Avoid Tudor Way practice they never have an appointment and when they do they either run late, don't really have anything helpful to say or send you to their sister practice in Bickley. I de-registered with them when they failed to follow guidelines with some treatment and they endangered my life. The Whitehouse surgery has I gather lost its resident GPs and has been running on locums but understand this should be rectified soon. I am actually registered with The Knoll practice which is in Orpington and a pain to get to but is generally of good quality although they lost their best and last male doctor. They are also due to move in a couple of years I believe into a super surgery location yet to be confirmed.

Do join the local resident's association. Their monthly Gazette is a mine of useful information.

Guineapigsurprise Wed 25-Nov-15 21:39:42

One doctor at the Whitehouse surgery retired but the other Dr Fenuyi is still there and I really like him. He's lovely to children and really caring. Never makes you feel like you're wasting his time if it turns out to be nothing.

I believe they are using locums to cover the other position but are looking to fill the position permanently.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now