Which road to live in Beckenham?

(7 Posts)
SBarrett Sat 30-Jul-11 00:17:21

Just married, Leaving London and moving to start a new family all in 1 year! please can someone advise which area we should look for to be in the right area for primary schools in Beckenham?

Thanks so much

Sbarrett

katy100 Mon 01-Aug-11 07:47:11

clare house, Highfied and Balgowan are probably the best primaries in the Beckenham area so roads around them although Clare House and Highfield area can be expensive. Have you considered Shortlands which has Valley or Bromley North/Sundridge Park which have Parish and Scotts Park - all of which have good results and are on train lines?

headingsouth Mon 01-Aug-11 16:16:03

You can get the information about catchment distances for the last three years from Bromley's website. There are loads of good primaries all over Bromley borough-you might look at Bickley (if you want to travel to Victoria) or West Wickham/Hayes (London Bridge & Charing Cross).

SBarrett Tue 02-Aug-11 00:38:25

Thanks alot. We are looking at Shortlands too as right now Beckenham is quiet and also over priced . Victoria station or Charing X are best for us. Are the two areas different in many ways?

Thanks again

SB

Karen05 Wed 03-Aug-11 20:19:18

Hi
To be honest I think that Shortlands is perhaps a little nicer, it's not as quiet, but I understand from your post that you do not like the quietness. If you look near to Beckenham Junction, there are some reasonable properties there, close to station and high street.
Shortlands is not so "green" but still very nice I think.
HTH :-)

VampiresReflection Wed 03-Aug-11 21:25:19

Both are lovely areas. Have you been to either? They have a slightly different vibe and it might answer your question if you get out to see them and have a feel.

SpaBarbies Thu 18-Aug-11 13:15:03

Did you decide on whether or not Beckenham was the area for you? St Marys Primary is probably the best school in Beckenham and roads such as Foxgrove Road, The Avenue and Copercope Road are lovely - one of which i live on.

If you need some pampering after the stressful move please see below:

SpaBarbies is the Mobile Spa-to-you Dedicated to making Girls feel Gorgeous. Offering Massage fake bake Spraytanning Waxing Eyelash Extensions OPI Manicure/Pedicure Ear Piercing and more. Please call to book in an appointment convenient to you:
spabarbies@live.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now