Book club...?

(229 Posts)
clairesparkle Sat 07-Nov-09 17:48:41

Does anyone belong to/know of/want to start a book club in Bristol? I've had a bit of a google and most I've found are closed to new members. I'm in Long Ashton but as long as it's an evening thing, can travel (a bit!)

Thanks!

exexpat Sat 27-Oct-12 21:16:40

Think it's usually 8pm, isn't it? Because of people having little ones to get to bed...

I wonder if we should PM the regulars in case they haven't seen this? Spero, Bookworm and Lamazeroo haven't been on the thread for a while, so may not spot this. I'm happy to bung some messages out tomorrow.

Lamazeroo Sun 28-Oct-12 21:50:41

Ah there you all are! Thanks exexpat for the PM; I'd missed discussion of the venue. Totterdown is a new area for me, looking forward to visiting.
I'm about halfway through the book, absolutely adore it so far. xkcdfangirl I know what you mean about that image being seared onto your mind's eye. I had a c section and it did make me look up from my reading to glance at my beautiful little boy's perfect face. Anyway, enough of that. Really looking forward to tomorrow's discussion.

MrsWembley Mon 29-Oct-12 18:48:36

I'll be there with bells on!

Have had a bad week so I need a distraction (and a drink but can't justify a taxi so sad).

xkcdfangirl Thu 24-Jan-13 18:30:24

Just a little post to revive this thread which got abandoned when the local talk system got changed. Anyone wondering about the Bristol boock club's activity between October and January can find it here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now