Going mad in the afternoon.......

(9 Posts)
hellopanda Thu 24-Sep-09 21:11:29

Hi Everyone,

Am new to this posting lark, so please excuse waffle....

I live in Fishponds and am looking for afternoon activities for my dd, who will be 3 in November. She's just decided to drop her afternoon sleep!

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

cripesalorky Thu 24-Sep-09 21:21:41

ooh Snuff Mills, but you probably know that! I guess you mean structured stuff too...

lindsaygii Wed 14-Oct-09 21:06:24

Get all the Children's Centre schedules. There's quite a few near you. I don't have the links to hand, but if you can't find them, let me know and I'll pass them on.

Top tip - ring the Council and ask for Family Services, they'll send you addresses and phone numbers.

sarah293 Tue 20-Oct-09 18:56:41

Message withdrawn

RainRainGoAway Tue 20-Oct-09 19:04:51

I love Playspace. Its far for me to go but very near you. OK so it is quite expensive if you are going as a one off, but getting membership and going often makes it a good thing to do. Same with Explore - we live there in the winter months! Also, how about the museum - brillant for kids and free.

Emmmm Tue 20-Oct-09 22:40:15

Alexandra Park Children's Centre and Oldbury Court, plus Hillfields are the ones to try near you (PEEP groups are good, stands for Peers Early Education Partnership - you can google it to find out more) - tel numbers from FIS 0845 129 7217. Good Luck!

saggyhairyarse Tue 27-Oct-09 20:37:18

There is music at the Crotchet Factory just off of Royate Hill and the Bristol Childrens Playhouse near Royate Hill is a Childrens Centre and runs sessions too.

LouHic Tue 03-Nov-09 10:32:16

Deb Denny runs a 'Three Four Time' music class at 1.30 on a Monday afternoon at Quakers Road Church Hall in Downend. Her number's 0117 9574443 if that's something you may be interested in? Think she does Wednesday afternoons at Emerson's Village Hall too.

queenofdenial2009 Tue 03-Nov-09 20:27:12

I'd recommend the council's family service - they saved my life over the summer and the costs are usually reasonable. Not an ideal location, but there's often quite a lot on at Kingsdown Sports Centre in Cotham, try Horfield Sports Centre as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now