Childcare SOS

(7 Posts)
queenofdenial2009 Mon 21-Sep-09 11:33:03

I am in desperate need of some kind of childcare on a Monday afternoon - can anyone help at all?

My four year old daughter has just started school at Upper Horfield in Filton. There's a breakfast club every day and after-school the rest of the time I need, but nothing on a Monday afternoon (grrr). The only two childminders who pick up from there have no vacancies.

Does anybody have any ideas or know someone who could help? I'd consider a student/older person looking for a bit of cash or something. It would be to collect at 3.15 until about six o'clock. I live on the Gloucester Road near the Memorial Ground.

Thank you so, so much.

navyeyelasH Tue 22-Sep-09 10:43:16

queenofdenial - have you tried putting an advert on gumree? Or trying a nanny agency?

Flossierose Tue 22-Sep-09 10:46:06

We are looking for a nanny/childminder to look after our children on THURSDAYS 8-5pm. We have two great boys, aged 3.5 and 5 years and a little baby girl aged 5 months. We live close to the Downs and you would need a car for a school run. If interested please give me a call on 0117 9145084.

queenofdenial2009 Tue 22-Sep-09 20:00:21

I put an advert on netmums and gumtree and am going to see a childminder tomorrow who has space on a Monday. I am so relieved.

The frustrating thing is that she says she has given all her availability to the Council's Family Information Service and I've contacted them four times and they've never mentioned her. Just shows you need to try on lots of different fronts.

Hope she's OK...

navyeyelasH Tue 22-Sep-09 22:16:53

queenofdenail2009 have you checked out her Ofsted report? Can't believe FIS didn't have accurate details - they are launching a new database soon which should make is easier for parents to search all registered nannies and childminders.

Flossierose have you tried local agencies? Is it a nanny or a childminder you are after?

queenofdenial2009 Wed 23-Sep-09 21:36:12

Good news I'm pleased to say. The netmums childminder had a good Ofsted report which was done last month. We went round today, she has space and my daughter loved it. Also, they have two dogs and a (very soft and fluffy) cat, which I like as we can't have pets now that we're renting.

All set for Monday!

BTW I got loads of responses from gumtree, not childminders as such but people who sounded sensible and sent CVs etc. Flossierose, it might be worth posting your request there.

cuddyscave Mon 19-Oct-09 21:53:02

We have a fantastic Nanny based in Clifton/Clifton Wood, who is looking for more work on a part-time basis.
Our Nanny is 32, very experienced, great with the kids, also a good cook and happy to help with apppropriate household tasks.

She is available either for sole charge on a Monday or Friday, or for shorter periods or nanny share while my girls (4 & 8) are at school on Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday. We are flexible, so please give me a ring to discuss, 07929240902
ps also has a car/drives

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now