Can anyone suggest a child-friendly venue for a 40th birthday?

(5 Posts)
Thinkstoomuch Tue 21-Jul-09 21:39:28

I want to sort out a party for DH and would invite about 40 people and would ideally want it to be somewhere kids can have a nice run around while adults eat and drink a bit, maybe with live music. However there is no budget to speak of so would be looking to do all the food myself and get people to bring booze. Does anyone have any ideas for the sort of place this could work or suggestions of venues in the Bristol/North Somerset area? thanks.

saggyhairyarse Wed 05-Aug-09 22:34:31

Southville Community Centre? There is an outside area and hall.

What area are you in?

Thinkstoomuch Thu 13-Aug-09 00:36:45

A community centre probably is the way to go, especially if it has a garden. We're in North Somerset so I'll look into ones in the countryside. Something more Bristoly would be good for most people we'd invite though, so I'll look at Southville. Anyone know any other good ones with a garden?

queenofdenial2009 Thu 13-Aug-09 16:38:45

How about the one near Long Ashton near the magistrates court? The name escapes me, but I think it's Flax Bourton. Otherwise there's Filton village hall - at least Bristol folk will be able to get a taxi home as it's next to the airport! Once went to a great wedding reception in Barrow Gurney village hall.

Thinkstoomuch Thu 13-Aug-09 20:33:25

Thanks for those ideas. Hadn't thought of Felton and Barrow Gurney so I'll check those out. Flax Bourton is lovely, really good space and all new, but the outside area is not at all enclosed so wouldn't be ideal for the kids.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now