Expectant Mum in Portishead - looking for meet ups or chat...

(17 Posts)
MyAngels Mon 29-Jun-09 11:23:49

Hi

I'm 20 weeks pregnant in Portishead with a 2 year old dd. I've lived here a couple of years and work from home Mon-Fri mornings (which is when most child centred activities and meet ups seem to take place - doh!) so I'm wondering if there are any other mums out there locally (ish - I'm Ok to come to Bristol (but will get lost in the car, so will be late!)who could meet up in an afternoon once in a while. DD loves Puxton Park near Weston if anyone knows it, and now the open air swimming pool in Portishead (now they have given it a lick of paint and the water is warmer!)

I'm also rather desperate to find a pregnancy yoga class that's not on a Monday evening - if anyone knows of one I'd really appreciate it.

Looking forward to meeting some of you...

varietyisthespiceoflife Tue 30-Jun-09 15:08:47

Hiya - i live in Portishead with a 17 mth DD. I work Mon - Thurs so have Fridays off. Could meet up on a Friday pm for coffee/chat/activity of some sort!

x

MyAngels Wed 01-Jul-09 12:46:04

Hi Variety..

Lovely to hear from you - it would be great to meet up. We are off to Torquay for the weekend this Friday afternoon (cue a big change in the weather), but a meet up next Friday would be lovely.

Maybe a meet at the Lakegrounds would be best to have a coffee and a run about for the little ones (weather permitting of course).

Lets keep in touch and finalise closer to the day..

Hugs
xx

varietyisthespiceoflife Thu 02-Jul-09 14:34:42

sounds good to me! Speak to you nearer the time
x

MyAngels Thu 09-Jul-09 09:24:13

Hi Variety

Are you still on to meet tomorrow? It would be lovely to see you.

I have to pick up DD from the childminder at 1.15pm, so if you are, perhaps we could meet at the Lakegrounds play area? I'll be there about 1.45. I'll be the one with the reasonable sized pregnancy bump and fair hair - my DD loves the slide best so we'll in the vicinity of the ship, most likely.

Hugs
x

minipip Mon 13-Jul-09 20:44:49

Hi Ladies,

Any room for another one? I'm 16 weeks pregnant and have a 2 year old son, we live in Nailsea but spend a lot of time in Portishead so happy to pop over.

Hope to hear from you

Lisa x

MyAngels Tue 14-Jul-09 18:34:22

Hi Lisa

Great to hear from you, it would be lovely to meet up. Do you have any preferences time-wise?

See you soon hopefully

Hugs
Catherine

varietyisthespiceoflife Thu 23-Jul-09 16:01:48

Sorry - have been off line for a while. Did you meet? x

MyAngels Fri 24-Jul-09 09:08:07

Hi there

No we haven't met up - are you still up for a meet variety (& minipip too of course)?
I'm staying at my Mum's in Manchester at the moment till Monday, but would be about for a meet up next week (Friday?).

Let me know

Cheerio
Catherine

Ninjacat Fri 24-Jul-09 21:24:47

Hi Angel.
Thought I'd pop over to this thread to see how you are you getting on?
I'm shocked at how much this baby is wriggling about.
Hope you are doing well and enjoying spending time with your Mum.
N

SAHall Fri 28-Aug-09 14:11:49

Hi I'm new on here and also new to Portishead! I have a 15 month old daughter and a 3 year old son. I was wondering if you are all still meeting up? Would be lovely to meet some new people!
Sophie

AuntieSeptic Tue 01-Sep-09 00:29:04

Hi everyone, I'd like to pretty much ditto what Sophie said, I'm new and have a 14 month old daughter I need to tire out! Anyone meeting up, or are there any nice toddler groups in Portishead?

MyAngels Tue 01-Sep-09 11:56:47

Hi Sophie and Auntie

Nice to hear from you. We haven't managed a meet up in Portishead yet, so it would be lovely to.

I'm around every afternoon - could do the Lakegrounds if the weather is up to it, or the softplay at Parish Wharf has space for little ones. Things should quieten down a bit with the schools due back.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Hugs
Catherine

AuntieSeptic Tue 08-Sep-09 07:52:57

Well, looking out the window, looks like the Lakegrounds are out for the time being! Parish Wharf softplay tends to get really busy in my experience. The Youth Centre's softplay in the mornings doesn't have the greatest equipment but is much quieter usually, so maybe we could meet up there sometime. I'd also really like to find a toddler's group, there was one at the Methodist Centre but by the time I'd organised myself to get down there it had stopped - I'm hoping it'll reopen now the holidays are over.

MyAngels Tue 08-Sep-09 20:41:59

Hi

Is the Methodist toddler group in the mornings - I had heard there was one in an afternoon? I work every morning - usually when all the activities are on (including the youth centre) hence my opening post - sorry for being so awkward!

Would still love to meet up if we can manage it...

saggyhairyarse Wed 16-Sep-09 23:25:21

Mon/Wed/Fri there is softplay at Gordano Gate from 10am.

Sticky Fingers at Youth Centre on Tuesday, arts and crafts as well as playgroup. rest of the time it is 'softplay'.

Friday and I think Tuesday from 9.30am is free play sessions at the gym academy.

Wed 1.45-2.45 Music Funtime at Redcliffe Bay.

Tots Tennis 10am , Thursdays at Parish Wharf.

Tue/Wed/Thu am 10am, Redcliffe Bay toddlers.

jjbownie Sun 01-Nov-09 21:12:12

Hello - I've just joined this website as I was searching through Google for babies and toddlers when this thread was thrown up! I appreciate it's a month old now but wondered whether anyone would like to meet another - I have two daughters, one is 2 years and 3 months and the other is nearly 1. We moved to Portishead two months ago.

Has anyone been to the toddler group in Redcliffe Bay at all or anyone interested in going?

Happy to meet mothers with toddlers elsewhere if preferred.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now