Old Down Country Park, Thornbury

(6 Posts)
saggyhairyarse Sat 18-Apr-09 22:18:57

Just wanted to recommend a trip to Old Down Country Park near Thornbury.

I went there today as it has just reopened after being closed for 4 years. It is much improved and the staff/owners are still working on it. There are the usual farm animals as well as wallabies and llamas and possibly other animals which we did not see.

There is a play area with sandpit, toys and trampolines and another which is more of an assault course for older kids. I did spy another play area when we left but we didn't use it. The food was nice too!

It was really nicely laid out and only £5 for an adult and £2.50 for children pver 2 and open from 8 til 8.

crokky Sat 18-Apr-09 22:21:34

That's really interesting, thanks! I went there when I was little and it was really disappointing when it closed.

spookycharlotte121 Thu 14-May-09 02:23:52

wow..... i was so sad when that place shut, I spent many a happy summer in there clowning around. Will have to take the kids there and investigate. Thanks!!!

lucylicious2 Fri 15-May-09 23:12:15

Thanks for this! I tried to find info on internet but no luck. I'll give it a go

polbchico Mon 25-May-09 21:17:41

Hi Ladies,

I work for the owners of Old Down Country Park was was very much involved with the opening. It has recieved great enthusiasm and I was delighted to see your comments on this website.

I wanted to advise that the new website is www.olddownpark.co.uk

I do hope you continue to visit, it is still work in progress and improving daily. With weather like we've had this bank holiday, you simply can't go wrong!

Kindest Regards
Polly Barber

whiskersonkittens Sat 30-May-09 21:02:15

We used to go a lot when it was open so were intially disappointd that it is only half the origial plot; the original assualt course, pig racing, tractor rides, handle the chicks, feed the lambs etc were all missing.

However, once the dcs got over their disappointment, and found the older children's playground, saw the baby pigs and found the reindeer, they were happier.

Being able to go to the lake and see the wonderful views plus the house gardens was a bonus for us adults

It would have been nice to have more seats in the shade, particularly in the adventure playground area as it was such a hot day ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now